You can type here any text you want

Need some engine guys!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Gents,

Ok... car runs fine. Wideband bouncing between 14.3 and 15.0 so I am good there. When I throttle the car, it is blowing a little blue smoke from the mufflers and the smoke smells of oil. Now earlier, my fuel pressure was set to 65 PSI for reasons unknown. I brought that down to like 44 PSI. Plugs are clean with no oil deposits. Where could this oil be coming from? Could it be sitting in my mufflers? Maybe the high fuel pressure washed out my cylinders? possible bad turbo seal? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

That is what I figured I was gonna have to do... :mad: Oh well, will let you guys know.

Thanks,

Chris

Pull intake and check turbo compressor for side to side play as well as any oil residue. Also, check intercooler/throttle body for signs of oil deposits.

If your WB readings are bouncing around at a steady cruise, they aren't okay. It's normal for them to go rich once you get into boost and the lean on deceleration. However, it should hover very close to ~14.7 at steady cruise and maybe ~15.5 or so if you have a lean cruise function in your chip.

Pulled compressor pipe off turbo. No signs of oil at all. Havent had a chance to pull the intercooler pipe off of the TB yet. Also gonna pull the DP to check for oil there. The WB readings I am getting is not at a cruise. That is @ idle with car just running. Havent had a chance to take it on the road yet.

Chris

Back