Need some guidance on code 44

snail power

Well I recently purchased my 87 GN and the car is absolutely great until yesterday when I had a stumble when coming to a slow stop and the car suddenly died out of nowhere. I restart the car and viola drives like nothing occured and run through the scanmaster and is showing 44, I resetted the codes in the ECM thinking it was perhaps a fluke and coming home from work today same crap happens this time noticing the idle fall to about 400 and SES light shines then clears back up and 5 seconds later BAM car dies.

These are the scanmaster readings on idle
tps: .44
iac: 25-40
cc: 108-140
MAL: 44
AF: 05
LB: 26-36
bat: 13.6
int: 130-141
bl: 150
clt: 164
ats: 130
r: 727-1000

Cars mods- Joe Lubrant 18/93 chip,160 thermostat, Champion Iron heads&intake, powerplate, PTE60 turbo,trw.030 over, atr 213 cam, unfortuneately for time being stock IC, 42.5lb injectors, fpr(set at 42 line on) 3"thdp-testpipe-hooker dual catback...

The car has some tip in stumble only after cruising at a normal pace or in bumper to bumper traffic after 20 minutes( i know sounds weird) but at start up and some cruising the car feels awesome and still does excpet for that ****ty code 44 and that stumble.. I was told that the idle was never great on the car but I need some help on this one or if anyone had similar experience and can point me in the right direction. again I just got this car and i am kinda tight on $$$ so I don't have any repair manuals or enough troubleshooting knoledge to hit this on my own.

TIA to everyone who can help

Regards,

Nick

try here

In my case, the ignition module on its way out threw timing off enough that it burned up the o2 sensor and coded for lean exhaust. It wasn't until much later though that I found out my ignition module caused the whole mess.