You can type here any text you want

need some help on my hydroboost.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thessman

Hey guys.
A while back I got a hot air motor complete . It had a complete hydroboost system with it, lines and all. When I rebuilt my motor I installed the hydroboost in my car and got rid of the bad powermaster, I installed it with a new master cylinder and the brakes bled fine. The car stops great but the pedal is hard to push. Almost like a vaccum system with the vaccum line off. any ideas? thanks ! Steve

hey guys..
Got into my hydroboost more this morning. I pulled the return line from the top of the hydroboost that goes to to the resevoir and started the car. NO FLUID ! I pulled the master loose and pulled the little C clip that holds the valve in the front of the HB unit. The valve on the inside was stuck.
I pulled the 5 bolts with a 3/8 wrench and pulled the main HB body away and the small valve was stuck. I cleaned the body out,ran some steel wool around the valve itself and reassembled. BADA BING... works great and has no leaks. ( i reused all seals as I didnt have a new seal kit) Lucky...
the brakes now work great ! I got the HB system and lines with a motor somebody GAVE me. I figured it worked but I figured wrong.. Oh well..
it works now and was free !!!! See Ya ! Steve

Back