You can type here any text you want

Need some help...Transfering radio...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
All,

I have a set of 6.5 Polk Momo components I would like to transfer from my truck to my GN.. Has anyone put 6.5 Components in b4? Any vendors ouit there that do fabrications on door panels to make them fit?

TIA!

Adam

Originally posted by aperrego
All,
Has anyone put 6.5 Components in b4?

I have and plenty of members have successfully. Just need to be somewhat install savy to make them look right.

Originally posted by aperrogo
Any vendors ouit there that do fabrications on door panels to make them fit?

Any custom stereo shop can depending on how much you want to spend. I also custom build to order! :) . Here is a link to a thread from one of my happy customers on the board that I recently built a set for with a link to pics of what they look like installed. You can also build them yourself with basic woodworking, bodywork and vinyl/cloth wrap skills.

Audiowizard door pods

Originally posted by aperrego
What about the tweeter... Where did they go? on the dash?

You can if that is what you want but is not recomended! the tweeter needs to be as close to mid-range as possible with component sets. The pic you seen was for a set of 6.5" mid bass drivers (no tweeters). Here is another link to more pics of my door pods that I have built for my own personal car and other customers cars. There are 2 pics that shows tweeter placement in the pods.

Audiowizard door pods

Another alternative is a set of ABS plastic kick panel pods but you have to relocate cars ECM to the dash and slightly bend e-brake out of the way for clearance of the pods. The only drawback is you loose foot room.

Back