You can type here any text you want

Need some help.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoneStock87

OK guys I am totally new to GN's and totally clueless on which racing chip to get....so please as much feedback as possible would help.....my car right now is stock besides the 9" K&N....and I will be getting the 160 Thermo and Adjustable Wategate installed soon....I wanna be able to run 100 octane fuel and continue to upgrade my car.....so here's the ?'s....first of all should I even be doing a chip this early?.....and if yes what chip do you guys recommend?..why?...and where do I get it? thank you very much!

john

I personally wouldn’t start with a chip. You need to get the basics changed first such as a down pipe, K&N filter, adjustable waste gate, scan tool (scanmaster) and the list goes on. Running race gas is not chip dependant. I would say after you change injectors and or up the boost then consider a chip.

Oh ok....I just saw that alot of guys did a chip probabaly within their first 7 upgrades.....but I will hold off for now, thanks alot!

John

Why not just get a Thrasher for $25?
Are you just going to run 100 octane unleaded or something?

BTW, I do have Thrasher 93 and 108 chips that I'll sell for $25 for both. If you're interested let me know.

Not to step on anyone's toes, but if Bonestock is not intrerested in the chips, I'll take them for $25. Send me an email when you know.

Thanks-

Go to www.gnttype.org and follow the hot-n-spicy recipie to a T. Each step will provide you with a real world achievemnt at each stage.

I dont think a DP is needed before a good street chip. I do agree about some Scantools, Scanmaster or the like. Fuel pump and hotwire a must. He has the K & N and the adjustable wastegate. So i say do the pump and get a scantool and find yourself a good 93 octane chip and go from there. Get used to the car and changing chips and tuning before you go for the DP and injectors and turbos.

Scott

Back