Need speaker depth for CSII door speakers

Evans Ward

Love those LC2/ Y56 cars!
Does someone have one of the factory CSII door speakers out of the car that could measure it for depth from speaker surface (level across) to end of driver (magnet)? I'd like to know that measurement so I can find some suitable upgrade replacements. Crutchfield only shows a couple and I feel there are many more that will fit. TIA!

I upgraded mine to Eclipse 2 ways with the angled tweeter.
They are exactly the same mounting hieght as the stockers.....

CS speaker dims

Evans, the speakers in my son's car appear to be stockers and are 3" deep.

Do you have an aftermkt stereo in your car? If so, how do you hook the door speakers up? The radio we are putting in has only enough wires for 4 speakers. [4 color coded pairs]
Should I use the clip-on plug - in's and spades to hook into the stock harness, so I don't have to cut the OEM connectors to the orig. radio off?? [FWIW, it looks as tho that had been done 1 time before and I had found a BUNCH of FUBAR wires I had to repair.]:mad:

Thanx for the kind words about the injectors!!:D

Chuck....

I have the standard factory AM/FM Cassette w/graphic EQ in my car. I bought a set of Polk GXR speakers for the CSII in the 5.25 size and will install this week. I also bought the Polk dx9's in 6X9 and Polks for the 3.5 dash. The dx9s are a tight fit with their magnet size and that trunk torsion bar but just fit. They are a welcome improvement over my Realistic 4X10s I had back there. Have to second and third that the Metra wire speaker holders absolutlely suck!:mad: That is one cheesy way to hold speakers and surprised they even try and pass these off. On your ? of the speaker wires, do a search as Audiowizard told of speaker wire colors for the doors. If yours aren't there anywhere, I'd suggest you PM him to ask as he has the knowledge here. The clip on plugs would be advisable whenever you can use them- I have an extra set I purchased I don't need that I'll give to you if you need them for this install. Are ya'll coming for 05/19 Reynolds at SDR or doing the BG thing only? I could give to you then and help take a look at the wire set up if you'd like? I would think that if wires aren't there for the doors, you could splice off the dash wires. Factory fader only has adjustment for front/back and L/R. Thanks for the driver size of the door speakers. HTH