You can type here any text you want

Need whatever help/advice you have to offer on my quest.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bishir

Serenity Now
I want custom turbo 6 centercaps for my wheels.

Here are the wheels I have: http://www.americanracing.com/wheel...piece polished alloy, forged center&section=V

American racing does not sell any other center cap for these wheels other than the stock one which is plastic. I'm thinking of trying a local machine shop to do them for me but it may get too expensive and I'd still have to send to someone else to engrave the turbo 6 emblem. Any ideas on what I should do?

Power 6

:biggrin: Have them engrave the power 6 emblem on the spoke across from American racing.:biggrin:

Go to a local sign shop and have them print you up a vinyl decal that will fit on the center cap. It will last 7-10 years. And it shouldn't cost much at all. Funny that your center caps are plastic. I just got the Torqlite wheels and mine are metal. And they are a cheaper wheel.

You can get nice centercap overlays from BuickGN.com but they are a thick type of plastic that won't flex, i.e. you'd need to apply them to a flat center cap. If the caps for your wheels have a curved surface then the overlay won't sit right.

I had their Turbo6 overlays on my old 18" rims and you wouldn't believe how many people asked "those 18s are stock?!".

Thanks for the replies. Yes, that curved surface makes it very difficult. I've thought about cutting it flat and applying a hard plastic turbo 6 but Im afraid to just hack it up. The rims don't have american racing on the spoke when you buy them which is probably good as it would be tough to clean.

bishir

Most of the pics show the trakstar without centers maybe you can get center caps like off the Outlaw 1 wheel that has a flat center to their cap, then put those power 6 plastic sticker from buick gn over them as Chicago mentioned. Should be able to purchase center caps from another set of wheels that will fit your needs. Those Trakstar 480R's (non-beadlock)are nice lookin wheels

Most of the pics show the trakstar without centers maybe you can get center caps like off the Outlaw 1 wheel that has a flat center to their cap, then put those power 6 plastic sticker from buick gn over them as Chicago mentioned. Should be able to purchase center caps from another set of wheels that will fit your needs. Those Trakstar 480R's (non-beadlock)are nice lookin wheels

My wheels are Trackstar "S" wheels. Trackstars are completely different. However, you did make me think of something I hadn't thought of before which is to just remove the cap entirely and cover up the opening. :)

Yeah, you should be able to rig something up. Try to find some plastic cap or something that fits the exact diameter of the center hole and pop it in there.

Back