netflix, your experience?

We have netflix 2 dvd's checked out at a time through mail, and we've hooked the wii up to stream them over the wifi network to our tv for on demand, although it usually only plays Thomas the Train in our house...

Hey, that is good wholesome entertainment.:biggrin:

Lots of good info. Thanks to all who replied. I am also looking at a subscription to hulu.com . Might even spring for both to see if one is better. It will still be cheaper than the cable. And either build or get one of the hdtv antenna. Fortunately we are in a major metro area.

I have to look into the internet and the requirements to run this.

1980monteturbo - Thanks for the info...I tried out icefilms.info and it's a gold mine full of movies.

What is the minimum connection speed for streaming using netflix? And how much of a difference does it make if you have multiple TVs (say 3) connected trying to stream different shows/movies?

1980monteturbo (or anyone else that knows) Can you install one of those antennas you showed in an attic or in one room and connect it to multiple TVs at once or would you need a booster of some sort?

....... And how much of a difference does it make if you have multiple TVs (say 3) connected trying to stream different shows/movies?

1980monteturbo (or anyone else that knows) Can you install one of those antennas you showed in an attic or in one room and connect it to multiple TVs at once or would you need a booster of some sort?

Installing the antenna the higher the better. Keep away from metal like wiring or metal structure. VHF needs line of sight and few obstructions to the tower for best reception. Attic is 2nd best place to mount. Lot of folks do as some bylaws restrict antenna masts. If your near a tower this may not matter. yes you will need a booster, splitting one signal into 2 you will loose about 3db or half signal strength. I used one from radioshack about 25-30 yrs ago when I set up my folks TV - they lived mega miles from the transmission towers, the booster was amazing ( + 6db signal boost iir ) Channel Master has a good rep for antennas and accessories - US made and 60+ yrs
Check out this forum on antennas for better opinions from experts.

Blockbuster put themselves out of business. They did it in our town too. The late fees turned everyone off and the prices to rent were just stupid. Then they downsized the selection and wanted you to order online, but price was just like renting. I dont feel bad for them at all. As soon as ours closed, a new company moved in. Family Video. Much nicer selection and lower prices. Kid movies are free and for each new rental, you get an older flick for a buck. Blockbuster NEVER had deals like that. By the way, the Family Video employs more people then Blockbuster by at least 6-10, and it open 24-7.

:biggrin:

Agree 100%.. I hope the door doesn't hit the managers in the azz on the way out. They watched the world go by them and did nothing about it. I can't feel sorry for them. There will always be a market for a video rental store, they could not change with the times.

Blockbuster put themselves out of business. The late fees turned everyone off and the prices to rent were just stupid. :biggrin:

May blockbuster burn in HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

They even tried to copy nexflix, I wouldn't fall for it, I kept netflix.

I've had the 3/month for a long time now. No issues with lost or broken dvd's, just let them know.