Never ever buy a smartphone from China...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Last week, I bought a brand new 4G LTE Android smartphone with 128GB from a place in China. They replied to me promptly, gave me a good price, delivery was on time BUT after two days, I realized that a lot of the applications in it were in chinese!
angry.gif
I understand that they're manufactured in China but seems to me that when you receive an order from anywhere in America, common sense should tell you to install the english firmware in it no?
wacko.gif
I sent them an e-mail about this issue and this is the reply I got: "Thank you for your mail.
We ship from China, so it is original genuine Huawei mobile phones, all mobile phones will have some systems are Chinese, if you want to be completely English, you can update the English firmware on the official website." Sorry but I'm no computer genius and don't know how to do that and don't know anyone who can help me with that either. I even went to my service provider's store and they said there wasn't anything they could to.
They do supply the correct charger for it so why not supply the correct firmware??
I got pretty upset, repacked it and sent it back for a refund. I'm out for approximately $800. Will I get a refund?, well that's another story…
rolleyes.gif

Sometimes it's better to "leave well enough alone" meaning that I should've kept using my old non-smart phone…I thought it might be a good idea to upgrade like all my friends and relatives but no it wasn't. Now $800 later, I'm "back to square one" and using my old phone again.
frown.gif

Claude.
mad.gif

Never buy anything from the Chinese they reverse engineer lots of products and make copies of everything. I’ve even been told that they even make fake rice and sell it as real food!!! I try to buy us made every chance I get. Chinese people are evil and money hungry not all but most. Good luck getting money back very unfortunate you lost out like that take it as a lesson learned.

Never buy anything from the Chinese they reverse engineer lots of products and make copies of everything. I’ve even been told that they even make fake rice and sell it as real food!!! I try to buy us made every chance I get. Chinese people are evil and money hungry not all but most. Good luck getting money back very unfortunate you lost out like that take it as a lesson learned.
Oh yeah...definitely ''lesson learned''!...:rolleyes: As for getting my money back?... Honestly I have doubts that I ever will but it's worth a try. You know, if they offer to replace the chinese firmware with english and don't charge me to ship it back to me, I would accept that for sure as it's a beautiful phone with lots of memory space (128GB) and excellent ratings in the reviews I saw about it. Too bad it turned out that way though.:cry:

Claude :(

Claude, ship it to Asincourt or Markham Ontario.........someone there should be able to fix ya up lickadee split

This is the phone I bought from that place: http://www.gizok.com/huawei-p10-4g-lte-4gb-128gb.html

Claude.

P.S: Like I said, the phone itself is great...it's the firmware that is chinese and apparently after talking with several other people, it could've been changed but I don't have the knowledge to do this. Depending on what they (Gizok) will tell me when they get it back, I'll decide if I still want it or get a reimbursement and go with a LG G6 or maybe an HTC U11.

With a 800$ budget you could have got another brand mint one off Cl.
Once i stayed 2 nights in China and visited Disneyland there[emoji15] but yes no one knew the word tourist tourism or Disneyland lol
All wifi signals block google and social media.

This is the phone I bought from that place: http://www.gizok.com/huawei-p10-4g-lte-4gb-128gb.html

Claude.

P.S: Like I said, the phone itself is great...it's the firmware that is chinese and apparently after talking with several other people, it could've been changed but I don't have the knowledge to do this. Depending on what they (Gizok) will tell me when they get it back, I'll decide if I still want it or get a reimbursement and go with a LG G6 or maybe an HTC U11.
Claude, have you gone to the Android web site to see what your options may be ? There may be a app to change the Chinese firmware to English

Claude, just some sarcasm on my part never mind
Don't worry, no offense taken...
Claude, have you gone to the Android web site to see what your options may be ? There may be a app to change the Chinese firmware to English
No I did not...:rolleyes: First, I didn't know or even thought of doing that...and second, I'm not really good when it comes to changing firmware in a cell phone so I prefer not messing with it and make things even worse...:confused: I admit that buing a cell phone from China was a bad idea to begin with (MY bad...:banghead:) but like I said in an earlier post, ''lesson definitely learned''...I won't make that same mistake again!

Claude :)