You can type here any text you want

New camshaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QuikRick

I am getting ready to put a new cam in my '87 GN. Never done this before and not sure I'm posting in the right place but I think the car would be considered a Stage II car as it has had extensive work done to it. Am I in the right place? Anyway, I was sort of thinking of a comp cam but after reading some of the posts, I'm wondering if there isn't something better? I want the best and money isn't going to determine what cam I get. I have only gotten down to the rockers so far and the car has T&D 1.65 rockers on it now. I have no idea what this means? They are blue in color. I don't know what brand cam is in the car now but it has a flat lobe and therefore needs replacing. Any suggestions on cam choice from the experts? The car is a street car as opposed to the drag strip but like I said, it has been extremely modified. Thanks for any input. Also, can anyone tell me what the minimum is that I'll have to remove from the engine to get the old cam out? I'm pretty mechanically inclined but have never done this before. The car has an in front of the radiator intercooler so does radiator have to come out or can I get the old cam out without removing the radiator? :confused: HELP!!

More info will be needed to help you choose a cam, but you do not have to remove the radiator to change a cam in a GN. It'll come right out in the car as-is. So you got that goin' for ya'. :-)

Sorry, I thought a Stage II engine was one that had been highly modified and that is why I posted here. I have reposted in the engine tech section. Don't know how to remove this post as there is no option for "edit"? If a moderator reads this, you may delete this post. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. And Mac, thank you for the note on the radiator. One less thing to hassle with - lol........

Back