New controller for SMC kit?

N

not-a-hick

I read a post recently that mentioned something to the effect that the new SMC kit had a smaller controller? I have really been weighing 100octane vs. alky recently and I know the SMC kit must be a quality piece combined with good customer service. To be honest however the controller on that thing is pretty gaudy. If the controller has been downsized I may be joining AA quicker than I thought.

Any info or pics on the new controller.

I just got done mounting my controller in the glove box... like to hide "non-stock" appearing stuff if I can. ;) This is for use with my DIY kit, so don't know if you could do it without splicing and lengthening the wires with Steve's kit. Just food for thought...

definitely smaller

The controller I received with my kit in June is definitely smaller than the picture on the SMC website. It measures 4 in. by 1.5 in. by 3 inches deep, which is probably about half the size of the original controller. It'll fit inside the console or velcro to the side of the console. Good luck

Two stage conversion for SMC--> Has anyone this?

I am not that familiar with Steve's kit. I am curious if he has personally upgraded any systems from 1 to 2 stage or if anyone else has tried it with the SMC kit?

It seems as simple as adding another Hobb's switch, solenoid, nozzle, and a "T" to the alky line.

Re: Two stage conversion for SMC--> Has anyone this?

Originally posted by not-a-hick
It seems as simple as adding another Hobb's switch, solenoid, nozzle, and a "T" to the alky line.
Yep, it is. That's how I am going to do it.

Since you guys brought it up... who (besides NOS) carries solenoids that could be used in an application like this?

Thanks, Jay