You can type here any text you want

New engine break in chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

klrv6

Have a burnout party!!!
Has anyone created a chip that would be used just for breaking in a new/rebuilt engine? I would like to bring the boost up slowly as I test the new parts but don't want to risk washing the rings out by running too rich with running zero boost.

Shouldn't really be an issue with any street chip. Even with just enough tension on the WG rod to slip it on the puck your going to see about 12 psi which will run a little rich but isn't going to wash the rings. I've seen several engines broken in on the dyno for 20-30 minutes then make pull after pull to reach max power, so just drive it easy for a while, keep the oil changed then start working the boost up and enjoy.

You could drop the FP some so it doesn't run as rich since lower FP will never hurt anything even if your normal driving BLM's peg as it will just be leaner if you go beyond that. Just make sure you don't run into transitional/apool knock doing this.

HTH

Back