You can type here any text you want

New front suspension rebuild kit recommendations

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dragrazor

I plan on installing a whole new front suspension rebuild kit on my car and wanted your recommendations. I have been searching and found this kit on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-1988-GM-G-BODY-FRONT-END-SUSPENSION-REBUILD-KIT-/251306470833?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=lSFj%2BOIfum0cn7kGud6dMMiGUbI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Should i go with polyurethane or just use stock replacement parts? Any other complete kits out there that you recommend? Thank you in advance.

Poly has issues with squeaking and in some cases rough ride. It will handle better and last longer but the big question is what you want to do with the car.;)

Stock will give you the best overall ride since you're not going to race. You could do some simple upgrades like upper tubular arms which don't use a normal bushing but has a greasable bronze bushing. You can get them from G body or several other sources and they're inexpensive. As little as $42.99 per side plus shipping.;)

Charlie, do you have a link to the a-arms for that price?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Stock will give you the best overall ride since you're not going to race. You could do some simple upgrades like upper tubular arms which don't use a normal bushing but has a greasable bronze bushing. You can get them from G body or several other sources and they're inexpensive. As little as $42.99 per side plus shipping.;)

So would it be smart to purchase Gbody upper/lower tubular control arms for both sides for 400.00?

Can I get you to send me the same information?

So would it be smart to purchase Gbody upper/lower tubular control arms for both sides for 400.00?

In most cases you don't need tubular lowers so it's just added expense and bling. If you're planning on doing a lot of road course work then I'd say a tubular arm is a good idea. The uppers can and will flex and bend at the location between the the ball joint and main body. It's one of the weak points in the design. It's a fairly inexpensive upgrade and you no longer have the weak arm or the rubber bushings that get heated up by the down pipe.;)

Thank you for the insight!

Super Six,

I am not seeing a part list.

Thanks

You may have to be logged in to see some pics.

Here it is, a screencap from the confirmation email.

Attachments

• SuspParts.JPG
    SuspParts.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 392
SuperSix,

Thank you for going through the trouble.
I will be taking the same route you did with stock like components. I plan on using Tubular Upper A-Arms from GBodyParts and ordering the Braces.

Thanks again

I know this is an old thread but thinking about ordering Moog front suspension kit like Supersix. Anyone like the kit? Anything good or bad to report? My car has lowering springs in front. Not looking to do anything crazy just rebuild the front tired suspension and hopefully handle a little better.

Thanks

Once you replace the bushings don't tighten the bolts all the way until the car is on the ground so that the suspension is loaded. If you do it unloaded the bushings will be in a bind and fall apart much faster.;)

Back