New guy from Australia

Jeremy94

Hi everyone,

My name is Jeremy!
I've been strolling through this site for a few weeks now and getting more and more keen on importing a GNX way over here in Australia.

The dream car is an 87' GNX and I'm looking at making that dream come late this year or possibly early next.

I'll be dead-set honest here and say that I have no-where near the knowledge I'd like to have on both the car or the importation side of things. So if you guys were thinking of introducing yourselves then maybe throw in a tip or a bit of knowledge that might help out a fellow enthusiast.
:)

Last edited:
Jeremy,
G-Day!
Welcome to the site. What part of Australia do you live in? I met my wife just North of Sydney, in Avalon. Do you plan on driving this car much? If so, you may do better with a Grand National, as parts are much cheaper and easier to find. They can be made to go just as fast or faster with just a few tweaks. The learning curve on these things can be tricky. I would hate to see a GNX go somewhere where there's no one qualified to work on it and end up in someones hands that doesn't understand what they've got. There were only 547 of them ever made. We'd be lucky if half are still on the road today.
I don't mean to be a ass hole, but we are very passionate about these very rare pieces of automotive history. And, you did ask for our input.;)

Whatever you decide, I'm sure that we will help. That's what we do here.:)

Mike Barnard

Welcome! You may want to "cut your teeth" on a GN/T first to learn. GNXs are rare but not impossible to find. You will pay through the nose for it but if you are serious (and have a boatload of cash) you may find a specialty car dealer that has a GNX and could help with the shipping aspect.

Hi guys, nice hearing from you!

SPOOLFOOL2,
I'm from Melbourne, Victoria!
Depending on the state of the vehicle that I end up importing will decide if it's daily driven or an occasional weekend beauty.
If the car is immaculate it'll see the sunshine on occasions, but if the car needs work I'll be making it a daily.
One potential pathway is an LS1 conversion as I've currently got my hands on one that I'm slowly rebuilding, but again, that will only happen if the GN I pickup has work needing done.

Upon further research I think a GN/T will suffice, considering the price of a GNX!

Jeremy,
If and when you get a Turbo Buick. Let us know what parts you need. While I was in OZ, my wife and I grew quite fond of VB beer. Unfortunately you can't get it outside of Australia. We'll make you a deal. You send us VB and we'll send you Turbo Buck parts.;)

Mike B.

You have got yourself a deal there Mike!

Although don't be alarmed if a couple of containers of the stuff are missing, I probably won't be able to help myself (y)