You can type here any text you want

new guy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robert99v6

I have a 99v6 mustang that is supercharged and pushing over 300hp to the wheels right now. However i am selling the blower and returning the car to stock. I hope to have 2500 after i sell off parts and pay bills.

I found a 78 regal sportcoupe for sell, guy is asking 800 and its in good working shape. Is this car worth buying and investing in as a new project car? I always loved the idea of turbo v6 and wanted a GN but i think this may be as close as i am going to get.

If i do buy this car, what should i start with. My goal is make it fast. Is there a good aftermarket carbs? Are these motors built durrable to the point i can put on a larger turbo? I do appologize if these are common questions that are always asked, i will search more as well, but any help now would be cool.

78 buick

as with the mustang you can spend all the $$ you want
basiccly what is it worth to you. the 78 is ok but the first thing you would want to do is change to 79 and up heads and upgrade the exhaust from cat itself back.do some porting on heads if you can while you have the heads off best time to change cam.add a 3 series gear and a 2004r trans you should notice a change.
atr might be making a downpipe for these cars which would aslo help.as far as carbs maybe edlebrock performer,carter afb,or a holley 600 i think any would work well but spend the time to hook up detent cable. it will help the feel when it downshifts correctly. electric fans will get the drag off the frt of motor. will give alittle more acceloration. engine should hold up depending on what mods you do and the hp your putting out. biggest thing i would be careful would be ping(spark knock) that would be one of the biggest engine killers.use the best gas you can.160 thermostat will help there. best 5 bucks u can spend on a turbo car.
good luck;)
andy

Back