New Headers

QWK GN

I'm looking for any input about the stainless headers being sold by G Body.com. I really need to get new headers and I don't want chinese junk.

Thanks, John O

Hmmm.

Those look exactly like the ones I got from a boardmember for $300.00 new. Same clamps, polished, the whole 9 yards.

if you looking for i very good set buy the ta performance one ! is the best headers i never see and try !:biggrin:

I would like to get the headers from TA,but they are out of my price range.
I just wanted to know how well the ones from g-body fit,how complete is the kit.
Thanks. John O

I have the poston headers on my car and they work great. Stock replacement shape but bigger tubes and thicker walls so less chance of cracking.

I have the poston headers on my car and they work great. Stock replacement shape but bigger tubes and thicker walls so less chance of cracking.

sadly the bigger tubes and thincker walls did not stop my postons from cracking on the #6 primary tube weld to the log part of the manifold:frown:

I'm fairly certain that Bweavy is using Sam (the afore mentioned board member) as his vendor, taking the headers and port matching them, making sure they fit correctly, and then selling them for a small mark up. So you get the TA style design, low price and guaranteed fit.

Personally $100.00 is worth my time not having to fab a "bolt in" piece. The fact that I have to take my Duttweiller driveshaft safety loop off and fix it has me pissed off. So I'll put a $100.00 worth of my time into a $35.00 "bolt in" piece.

I'm fairly certain that Bweavy is using Sam (the afore mentioned board member) as his vendor, taking the headers and port matching them, making sure they fit correctly, and then selling them for a small mark up. So you get the TA style design, low price and guaranteed fit.

Yep those were my thoughts as well. If this is the case I certainly wouldn't mind paying for the mark up either.:cool:

I spoke to Bweavy and he told me his headers are 100% made in the USA not reworked in the USA. His headers are port matched and install with out any blunt force tools needed. So now I know where I'll be buying my new set.

Thanks, John O

I spoke to Bweavy and he told me his headers are 100% made in the USA not reworked in the USA. His headers are port matched and install with out any blunt force tools needed. So now I know where I'll be buying my new set.

Thanks, John O

Sounds very good, think I will probably do the same:cool: