You can type here any text you want

new MAF with translator?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GW2

Will this increase performance much without any other performance upgrades? I'm just curious, i know its good prep for upgrades anyway, but i wanted to know if it would drive better with the new maf with a translator.

It may help spool up a little, much better reliability over the stock maf.

It may help spool up a little, much better reliability over the stock maf.

Have you got any pics of the LT1 MAF upgrade in the intake set-up? what is a good source for a LT1 MAF?

What exactly is the translator doing to fool the Buick ECM into thinking that it still has the stock MAF sensor? Both the stock and the LT1 require 5V input, so that is not requiring any translation. Does the output signal of the LT1 get conditioned by some circuit block? Should be pretty simple.

GM maf sensors are not voltage out they output frequency, the LT1/LS1 units operate in a completely different frequency range and output curve
Mike

i installed my ls1 maf over the weekend. Car does seem to spool up faster and the turbo whistle is MUCH louder than stock. maf. Be I would think that the stock maf and pipes was a bit restrictive for my te-60.

Back