You can type here any text you want

New Mickey Thompson DR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just mounted a set of 275-60-15 M/T tires on stock GN rims but have yet to put them on the car. I hope to ditch the spacers I needed for the 275-50-15 BFG's. I also hope the taller tire will reduce wheel spin on street launches.

Mickey Thompson recommends an 8 inch rim for the 275/60/15. I have 8 inch rims with 4 inch backspace and it doesn't rub the frame with the 275/60/15.

Chris

I have 295/65r 15's on mine and best 60' was 1.45 so far but mine are 30" tall:eek: have a nice feel at the track.

Steve

Steve, What wheel size and bs r u using 4 that tire ?? It looks bad :eek: !! :cool: Any close up pics ???

I've got a pair on stock GN wheels and love them. The ride is even better than radial TA's. I leave them on the car all the time for around town.

Getting ready for spring if it ever comes Didn't get out of the thirties today
New set of 255-60-15 MT Drag radials came today:biggrin:
Two extra grooves?

I've used Nittos and BFG drag radials.:(

Just put on a set of MT DR 275/50/15 and LOVE THEM. Great for any street action, get great grip even cold. Fit great on stock rim, albeit less than 1/4 clearance on the inner frame area; but do fit without rubbing.:eek:

Will take to the track soon. And if they don't work well at the track, the GoodYear slicks goon! But in my experience, you can't beat them for daily driver street action...stick well when the 28lbs of boost kicks in!

Good luck and hope that helps !

Enjoy

i tell you what i got a pair of 275 50's and i used to spool up 5 psi on the street and spun 1st, 2nd, and into third then i put these on and without heating them up on 18psi of air in them i can spool up 10 psi and leave a 6 inch patch and hold on because it is like getting slung from a slingshot felt like i added 100 horses BEST INVESMENT hooks better at the track

Do you have any idea how many miles you can get out of set of those? They look killer!:cool:

Do you have any idea how many miles you can get out of set of those? They look killer!:cool:
dont know but i am assuming 5,000 but that would last me 5 years or more. you dont have to heat them up to work so they should last a while. if you get them you should get 275 50 15 inch

dont know but i am assuming 5,000 but that would last me 5 years or more. you dont have to heat them up to work so they should last a while. if you get them you should get 275 50 15 inch

I appreciate the information and I am always looking for a little more traction on the street.

traction is awesome with these things! Looks like I'll have to acquire another set soon............

If they are that good then this is a no brainer. I will order a set. Any idea what size would look good on the GNX style wheels which are 16 X 8's?

M&H has a 275/55/16 Drag Radial, a little taller than the 255/50/16. Picked them up for $168 a piece shipped. They are VERY soft, but haven't gotten to try them out yet. Still waiting for the painter to get my spare front GTAs painted black.....

Back