New owner first time here question

So I am assuming one of 3 things can be the problem 1the electronic solenoid 2 actuator or 3 the wastegate hole needs to get ported?? As far as a boost controller should I get a manual one or one like RICH sells I am planning on bigger injectors and an alky kit soon

So I am assuming one of 3 things can be the problem 1the electronic solenoid 2 actuator or 3 the wastegate hole needs to get ported?? As far as a boost controller should I get a manual one or one like RJC sells I am planning on bigger injectors and an alky kit soon

first thing--- loosen the lock nut on the wastegate actuator rod with a 7/16" wrench and adjust the length of the rod so that the tension required to "hook it" back on the rod arm is minimal, meaning very little preload. General guideline two or three half turns is about 1 pound of boost. The longer the rod the lower the boost. Also can you get a pic of the grey plastic y fitting in the vacuum lines that go to the actuator as there is a right and wrong way to run them. You should shoot for 15 pounds of boost to start. hope this helps

Well I talked to Injection Connection today they told me they had set the boost at 18 so after work I came home extended the rod out 9 turns and it is now at 16 and the car runs great no surging and great power Thanks everyone for your help hope I can return the help also. Now waiting on the scanmaster and then a new TT chip with bigger injectors for more fun!!

OMG. 9 turns got you 2#s. You were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy overboosting.

Might be a good idea to change the sparkplugs in case you cracked an insulator.

Thanks I know I have the bug already and the wife started with when am I going to finish the other car (79) TA when I started ordering parts for the Buick Lol
I don't have a motor for the TA yet but now I'm leaning to a 3.8