New owner in IA

JDT

Hey guys I recently bought a Grand National with 70k miles and a ton of paper work with it. I will post more on what I have as I get through the paper work and look forward to getting some good advise on anything else I need to do to the car to keep it tuned and running for many years to come.

And a BIG welcome from north central IA.
If it's one of those really fast black ones, (hehe) I'd love to see some photos.
I had to check the garage to make sure it was still there, yours sounds a lot like mine.

Towards the bottom of the forum there's a regional - mid western - Iowa section you'll have to check out.

Cheers,
George

Reactions: JDT
Welcome aboard! Post up some pics of your new ride and where you are at. I’m outside Cedar Rapids.

And a BIG welcome from north central IA.
If it's one of those really fast black ones, (hehe) I'd love to see some photos.
I had to check the garage to make sure it was still there, yours sounds a lot like mine.

Towards the bottom of the forum there's a regional - mid western - Iowa section you'll have to check out.

Cheers,
George
You are not too far from me. I am by Jewell. Maybe we all can meet up some time .

Reactions: JDT
Would be pretty cool to meet some near by GN owners. I live just south of Waterloo, but work in Cedar Rapids. I posted some photos of my car somewhere but not sure where so here it is again.

Attachments

• 20180127_154249.jpg
    20180127_154249.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 62
Would be pretty cool to meet some near by GN owners. I live just south of Waterloo, but work in Cedar Rapids. I posted some photos of my car somewhere but not sure where so here it is again.
Cool, you’re close to me. We’ll have to meet up sometime!

You are not too far from me. I am by Jewell. Maybe we all can meet up some time .
I am about an hour and 15 minutes east of you ... damn near straight east lol... we should all meet up someday when the roads have less salt. There is another guy here in town who has a GN also but he keeps it hid away 95% of the year.

And I'm about an hour and a half Northwest of you.

I would be up for that. Hopefully I will have my car back to gether by June. By the way mine is not a Grand National, but it is black with a turbo six .

I’ve long since wanted to have a little meet up for the Iowa guys. I tried to plan one out a couple years ago but it fizzled out.

I would be up for that. Hopefully I will have my car back to gether by June. By the way mine is not a Grand National, but it is black with a turbo six .
It will fit right in. Most people will just admire our cars and want to know what ones are real SS's anyway.

Welcome to the site. Grab a beer and make yourself at home.
As you can tell, there's lots of great people to go with all the decades of knowledge here.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard