You can type here any text you want

New powermaster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

johnnycasx

hello everyone. I have heard Richard Clark has developed a new powermaster for our GNs. My question is where can I buy one ? Thanks in advance

I have not heard that. I have heard that highway stars was/is working on a new one with a brake parts manufacturer. However its not coming anytime soon and maybe not at all.

right now the best solution if you want to keep your powermaster is to rebuild your own.

need:
internal seal kit from Kirbans or Karps power brake service
new pump/motor assembly from oldbuickparts.com
new switch and accumulator from Kirbans

otherwise convert to vacuum

look on ebay too. someone has listed some rebuilt units with brand new pumps on them.

just remember a cardone unit will NOT get you a brand new pump/motor assembly, which is the most important part.

Brand new pumps and motors aren't always needed. Those two components fail much more rarely than do the internal seals and accumulators. The new accumulators sold by Kirbans are very robust and will last for many years! An internal rebuild kit is often all that is required.

very true if the existing pump/motor is running and pumping then it may be good to go

I'll just have to wait until highway stars has them for sale. I don't want to do the vacuum/hydro boost conversion unless I absolutely have to(have both ready just in case)

I'll just have to wait until highway stars has them for sale. I don't want to do the vacuum/hydro boost conversion unless I absolutely have to(have both ready just in case)
Give them a call at highway stars to get an update

Back