You can type here any text you want

New purchase, 81 buick century wagon

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liquidh8

Hey all. Just picked up (a few weeks ago), an 81 Buick Century wagon with an 86 GN drivetrain.

After I got it, I noticed LOTS of things wrong with it.

1. Rear shock bent.
2. Wiring harness is a hackjob, dash doesn't work, wipers don't work
3. Had a bad ECM (got another from a board member)
4. MAF was broke, so i plastic welded it. But both screens are missing, is this bad?
5. I think the wastegate actuator is bad. Is there a way to test this?
6. Turbo exhuast elbow has 2 broken bolts and leaks, and it has a blowmater muffler. All 3 inch though.
7. Front suspesion has serious issues.

And finally, it runs like crap. The idle cold is flaky, and I have a 79 malibu wagon that runs 13.6 on 17inch street tires, 4000lb raceweight, with a traction limited 2.1 60 ft, and it is faster than this car.

Are there some areas I can check to see why this thing is such a dog? It has a better fuel system, the green ring injectors (30lbs?), adjustable FPR, has a boost conrol knob inside, he had the boost soleniod unhooked. Open element K&N filter. Good 10mm wires. I fixed the ECM, the wiring for the engine, and replaced all the vacuum hoses. I'm not sure if the wastegate hoses are right though. I understand the is supposed to be a wye with a restricor in it mounted a certain way? This is a single port WG actuator.

In a few days i am doing a compression check and putting some new plugs in it I think.

So what do you think guys?

Back