You can type here any text you want

New springs and tire rub

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bilt2run

I installed a replacement set of springs up front and now the tires rub the front of the upper A's and the rear outside of the wheel well when turning hard left or right. No issues before. Also, the alignment was way out when they put it on the rack to correct it, did come into perfect alignment however. I was thinking that the wheels sit further in now that the ride height is raised... :confused: Tried spacers with no luck still too close

I installed a replacement set of springs up front and now the tires rub the front of the upper A's and the rear outside of the wheel well when turning hard left or right. No issues before. Also, the alignment was way out when they put it on the rack to correct it, did come into perfect alignment however. I was thinking that the wheels sit further in now that the ride height is raised... :confused: Tried spacers with no luck still too close

Did you get new bushings for your A arms?

Same rims and tires as before? Did you maybe have spacers before and they got left off? All stock suspension parts up front, any aftermarket control arms? How did the ride height change, higher now or lower?

Did you get new bushings for your A arms?

The reason I ask you this is, I took my car into a shop for new Poly bushings, and the guy didn't have the right tools to do the job. So he took both side apart took them to have the bushings removed, and then reinstalled with the new, the L side on the R, and the R side on the L.:mad: Completely backwards, what an idiot. My car was doing exactly what your describing.:eek:

OH crapola I bet that is it. I have the new tubular upper A's and I had matched them up to an old set of arms so they are an exact match. However, I had a local shop install because I did not want to mess with compressing the springs. They installed the upper A's free of charge. guess I will check it out

OH crapola I bet that is it. I have the new tubular upper A's and I had matched them up to an old set of arms so they are an exact match. However, I had a local shop install because I did not want to mess with compressing the springs. They installed the upper A's free of charge. guess I will check it out
\

Well if thats the case, you'll need to go back too the alignment shop after they fix the problem.:frown:

I have the new tubular upper A's and I had a local shop install them.They installed the upper A's free of charge.

That's got to be what happened. Might be your fault if you told them which arm went where. If not, I guess you got your money's worth (free). Be sure they re-align it (required). If they want to charge you, I don't think I would squabble. Good luck.

Back