You can type here any text you want

New throttle body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TIGN

Death by boost
Is a 70mm throttle body the right size for my car? you can see everything i have done in my sig below. I have a front mount inter cooler from RJC ported and polished stock irons, PTE-60 turbo and I am going to put on a 3" downpipe.
Thanks
-Andrew

How fast is the car? 9's-8's? Most guys (like 85%) dont need it & a nice ported stocker by Steve Munroe will do the job nicely.
They do like showing it off on their 11 sec ride tho! Sorry had to!! ;)

The car will run a 13 flat right now at a mile above sea level at about 16 psi. I am going to turn the boost up some more soon as i am still breaking the motor is somewhat from my build. I am hoping that the 70mm will increase my airflow by lots when coupled with the upper plenum and the downpipe. you spose the 70mm is too big?
-Andrew

I am running a stock TB ported by Stevemon, upgrading just for fun, doubt mine is a restriction though...
Spend your money elsewhere imo.

The car will run a 13 flat right now at a mile above sea level at about 16 psi. I am going to turn the boost up some more soon as i am still breaking the motor is somewhat from my build. I am hoping that the 70mm will increase my airflow by lots when coupled with the upper plenum and the downpipe. you spose the 70mm is too big?
-Andrew
your car should be low low 12's at that boost with your combo my stock car ran 12.98 at that boost level

your car should be low low 12's at that boost with your combo my stock car ran 12.98 at that boost level

Even at altitude? I thought it should be faster than that also. What are your suggestions? It takes a bit to build boost on the line before a launch. I assume that is due to the stock downpipe? Help me get faster!!
-Andrew

Even at altitude? I thought it should be faster than that also. What are your suggestions? It takes a bit to build boost on the line before a launch. I assume that is due to the stock downpipe? Help me get faster!!
-Andrew

I was thinking the same thing, I've read on here guys in the 10's with stock parts! :eek: I would inverst some $$ in some dyno time and tuning. I would think you would be deep in the 11's at that altitude.

-Andrew

definetly get a downpipe. i would get a ta performance one because it has a bung for a wideband in there incase. that is one of your biggest bottlenecks especially with your setup. check your fp and blm's at idle and to see if you are fat at idle. your turbo should spool mad with your setup. my te60 and pats 3200 spools as soon aas you push the gas. you should be a high 10 with a good 60' and tune with 24 to 25 psi. lowwwwww 11's all day long

I agree on the downpipe. I could hardly imagine having your combo and still retaining the stock downpipe. Should open up quite a cork for you. When you replace it, lower your boost a bunch.....

Buy a downpipe and spend some time tuning the car. you have an easy 11 sec build in your sig.

Where can I get a ta performance downpipe? Any other suggestions? You think my combo can actually do 25-26 psi safely?
-Andrew

Buy a downpipe and spend some time tuning the car. you have an easy 11 sec build in your sig.

What are some number to shoot for? I have some experience with these cars but I am not familiar with the tuning aspect of it. I do have a scanmaster so if you guys can give me a range of numbers to shoot for and maybe a quick tutorial on how to get the numbers to where they should be Im all ears.
-Andrew

Oh yea and keep in mind that I have stock exhaust manifolds and I dont have a welder so I would like just a bolt on downpipe for ease.
-Andrew

Do you have any type of scan tool? you need something that tells you where you're at, ebfore ya change things.

Get a downpipe, get rid of the cat of get a hi-flow if you need it for emissions & if not get a dump pipe & electric cutout. Then get a wideband & start tuning. That car should run a low 11 easily at 25 -26 lbs on race gas or alchy. Its 100% not the TB thats holding you back so use the $$ wisely in areas that need it. Then learn to TUNE the car! Thats the KEY!!

PS: A powerlogger would be good so you can log all the runs & know exactly what its doing. The wideband & guage like the X-16 setup from Full Throttle is Awesome!

Back