You can type here any text you want

New times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

This is Phil's(SharpTTA) old car

In Tucson at 3100'

Car went 12.6 at 106mph at 16psi
and backed it up with a 12.6 at 107 at 17.5 psi
and again with a 12.7 at 110mph also at 17.5 psi

Turned out that tuning was off a little and car was running lean
Also got a best 60' of a 1.7 on old ET streets...

Just happy so I wanted to let people know

Well, I should be able to top that on 91oct Pump gas as soon as mine is back together :D

Got the pro-pain going in and the bullet proof head gaskets on right now, just need to put it all back together.

Hunter, give me a call sometime.

Good job :)

Nice when a plan starts coming together..keep your tank with high octane and you'll be ok..

And watch that knock..

Wonder what it will run at 25 PSI :eek:

Like to see your stock LS1 boys run that number..even tho they dyno better ;)

Originally posted by Razor
Good job :)

Wonder what it will run at 25 PSI :eek:

VERY VERY FAST!!!! I also found out today the chip he ran is like 17 deg timing. I plan on getting some feedback from him in detail and having a 20deg chip burnt for it, that with about 21# should produce an 11sec timeslip.

Phil

Phil I am very close to asking for that race chip lets just say a certin LS1 little boy is going to buy his way in to the 11's I want to do it with this combo and more boost, any clue hoe the car will do with this chip and like 20-22 psi, I wish i started this sooner then the race to the 11's wouldn't matter so much.

I really want to shut him up, and way I can gain that .7 sec would help.

Dude you need to use the chip I gave you with the car it has more timing than the 2nd chip shawn sent you. secondly keep tuning the car for more boost as you did friday. once you have that dialed in we can send a chip with more timing that theroectically will just require more Octane. so keep GOOD notes as to Fuel pressure, O2 reading and boost, and KR.. that way we can help shawn with the info to burn the chip so as to get the goal as SAFELY as possible.

THAT being said the last run that was a 1.7 60 ft but spun on the gear change likely would have produced a 12.4 timeslip. so you are on the right track, I really think that with more boost and fuel youll get very close without a pure race chip!!!

Phil

I love this car, Dave (the LS1 guy dumped $6k in to heads and cam to drop .8 sec I just tune and add slicks and the car goes a full sec faster. I still have a lot to learn but I am hoping Dave can't get his converter in untill after the next test and tune. Then I shall own him.

Oh yeah the new Moto: I'll tune my way to the 11's, you buy your way.
post-9-1051996523.jpg

The diffrence between a 1.6 and a 2.1 60'
post-9-1052468792.jpg

Two things I'll throw in..

Seat time..this will let you learn the car..you cant ever seem to get enough.

And watch what ya touch..one single adjustment/mod at a time..that way you can go back to the setting you had. I make three passes get an average, then make an adjustment. When in doubt, tune for MPH=HP dont chase the ET demon..get the MPH up..all will fall into line.

Congrats on the new times. Hope ti be there with you soon.

Razor, you are right about seat time. That is what I am working on now.

Well I will try to make it out on friday, dont have the pro-pain installed but the car is running again. Still have the race gas in it too :D

Back