New To Regal Scene

MR. BUICK '72

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the REGAL scene. I just bought a 1983 REGAL LIMITED with a 231 V6 N/A. The car is in pretty good shape eccept the power window motor on pass. side needs to be replaced and one motor mount also needs to be replaced. But a deal for $500 I think.

What I need to know is, is this car compatible with the '84 - '87 REGALS, GNs, and the like? Body parts, interior/ dash, engine parts? Also, are there catalog places that carry the mentioned above parts?

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

The '81/83 to '84/87 Regals are the same except for some small differences. The instrument cluster, tail lights and header panel/grille are the only differences.

NAPA (and most other parts stores) should carry the motor mounts and they are inexpensive.

Are you a member of the Chicagoland GSCA?
http://www.chicagolandbuick.org/

No, not a member. Would it be beneficiary if i did join? Are you a member? I'd also like to comment on your site, I really dig it and the pictures too. My REGAL kinda looks almost exactly like your TURBO-T down to the wire wheels you had on eccept mine is the two tone dark brown/ light brown.
Thanks for the input

The GSCA chapter is pretty active in car shows, meetings and drag racing ( :D). They mainly focus around GS and 84/87 Turbo Regals, but you're close with both cars.

If you're into performance for either car, it might be worthwhile. Much better joining the Chicago chapter than the National GSCA. Beside my non-SFI Turbo Regals, there are several Buick 350 V8 cars at the drag races.

Some bigger sway bars will make that Regal handle much better. Plenty of N/A onwers here to help with the engine. :)

Cool, I'm defenitely going to consider joining the CCGSCA and the sway bar upgrade is on the list.

Thanks.

Welcome

Welcome to "the club" Alex,

My first car was (still is) an 83 Regal NA

I bought and have been repairing an 83 T-type, last of the carboerated turbo regals.

Drop me a line to say hey or if I can help you.

Graham in PA

Re: Welcome

Originally posted by Graham Hantz

I bought and have been repairing an 83 T-type, last of the carboerated turbo regals.

Graham in PA

Did you just have your turbo rebuilt by Robert?

Jim

Re: Welcome

Originally posted by Graham Hantz
Welcome to "the club" Alex,

My first car was (still is) an 83 Regal NA

Drop me a line to say hey or if I can help you.

Graham in PA

Thanks Graham any advise and info would be greatly appreciated