You can type here any text you want

***new***wanted In The Chicago Area

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Polecat

I came across your site by doing a Google search for any Buick Grand National’s for sale in the Chicago area. It appears as though I just missed a great deal :frown: on an 87 Grand National in Chicago and I’m hoping that I might come across another one in as good as condition. I’ve been looking for a nice turn key sports car and being 6’3” I feel I’m some limited to a more full sized vehicle like the GN. I’m willing to pay the seller in whatever form of payment he would like (teller check, bank draft, cash, etc.). Of course I would like a low mileage, highly optioned, one owner and museum quality car but realistically I would like to spend in the 12 to 15,000 dollar range. I’m not a car nut so I’m not looking for race car but would consider one with modifications to it. I would be using it for Sunday night drives, in nice weather I would like to be able to drive it work and would really like to be able to travel across the country without fear of it breaking down. Am I just a dreamer :rolleyes: to think that I might find one in this price range or should I be waiting until I’m willing to spend a little more money? If you or anybody you know might have what I’m looking for please post your pictures/message or contact me at: mvelie@shaw.ca

contact daturbosix hes got a very nice clean 87 in aroura,il i think hes asking 12k for it

Drive across the country?

I came across your site by doing a Google search for any Buick Grand National’s for sale in the Chicago area. It appears as though I just missed a great deal :frown: on an 87 Grand National in Chicago and I’m hoping that I might come across another one in as good as condition. I’ve been looking for a nice turn key sports car and being 6’3” I feel I’m some limited to a more full sized vehicle like the GN. I’m willing to pay the seller in whatever form of payment he would like (teller check, bank draft, cash, etc.). Of course I would like a low mileage, highly optioned, one owner and museum quality car but realistically I would like to spend in the 12 to 15,000 dollar range. I’m not a car nut so I’m not looking for race car but would consider one with modifications to it. I would be using it for Sunday night drives, in nice weather I would like to be able to drive it work and would really like to be able to travel across the country without fear of it breaking down. Am I just a dreamer :rolleyes: to think that I might find one in this price range or should I be waiting until I’m willing to spend a little more money? If you or anybody you know might have what I’m looking for please post your pictures/message or contact me at: mvelie@shaw.ca

Drive across the country in a 20 year old car. I hope U have AAA roadside assistance. ;)

Might want to check this one out!

You might also be intrested in this one!
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/243756-86-t-type-sale.html

It's VERY clean, Never wrecked, No rust and can drive across country with no problems at all.. :) He done it when he bought the car in Texas and drove it to me in East TN then drove it another 700mi home to WI.

Fast ,Clean, Reliable = Just what your looking for...

Thanks for the replies

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the great comments, advice and photos. I don't need to drive across the country but what I was trying to say is that I would want to feel comfortable getting in the car and taking it out on the highway. We often go out to the cottage on the weekend which is a couple of hours away from home.

I should also add that I'm not from Chicago but will be in Chicago next month for a conference. I live about 12 hours away in Canada and can't find any GN's for sale locally. If I can find a GN that could make the trip home that would be great. I also don't have a problem having it shipped.

I'm not a real car nut. I can trouble shoot some minor problems but typically take our cars to the local garage. I'm looking for a well maintained vehicle, not a mechanics dream. I had a 67 Mustang and got rid of it a couple of years ago. I now miss the sunday night cruises and would like to get a nice GN to get out do the local cruise nights and enjoy the summer more.

Back