You can type here any text you want

newb questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iamjeff

next gen buick enthusiast
sorry, but i am really new to all this. what makes a stage II motor a stage II. are these motors pretty much strictly race, or how streetable are they? any information or links would be greatly appreciated.

-jeff

I'm sure you can do a search and find plenty of info on what you really wanna know. If you wanna know specifics, talk to KendallF, he knows just as much if not more than anyone else I know.

I'm not gonna get into the "what makes a stage 2 a stage 2", I know enough not to look like an idiot:D But I'd rather someone else more knowledgable in that area to give you ALL the info. As for your other question about streetability, it isnt really the block itself that determines how streetable it is, it's just the "hardware" that people tend to bolt on to the Stage 2's that may hurt its streetworthiness. If its your wish, you can make a Stage motor just as streetable as any stock motor. Hopefully now one of the gurus'll come in and tell ya about all the different variations in stage motors:)

A couple of differences between a stock block and a Stage II is that the SII has four bolt mains that are able to hold alot more horsepower a stock block can typically only handle about 600hp before you get the broom out to start sweeping up those bottom end parts a SII can handle well over 1,000 and the block has much thicker webbing. A bare Stock Block weighs about 120 and a SII weighs about 150. Plus the SII has four more bolts to hold the head on the block.

Back