Newbie...basic questions (long)

Q

quicksig

Hey guys, im new on the board and somewhat new to turbo buicks. First quick car i'd ever rode in was an '87 GN when i was 14 or so and caught the bug for quick cars since.

To the piont...basically i just wanted to know where the best place to look to learn all i can on these cars is (other websites mainly)? I currently own a '85 mustang (heads, cam, intake, exhaust, gear...the norm 12 sec combo) which i've built up so i know cars from a mechanical standpoint. Always had a love for turbo buicks though so I was thinking of trading my car away for one.

Also how hard are these cars to tune? Being a ford guy all i hear about is turbo tuning and maintenance nightmares. Also what kind of mpg are you guys seeing with mildly built turbo cars? As much as i hate those who b$%th about gas mileage, the built 5.0 is killing me on the drives to and from work.

Basically i just want any honest general info i can get for someone looking to get into these cars from the guys (and gals) who own and love them. Cost of ownership, likes/dislikes, problems, etc. Thanks you all for your time and answers and maybe soon I'll be frequenting this board rather than stangnet :) Thanks again, Brian

get rid of that crummy rustang and go fast with class. Strike eagle gave you great info for someone starting out. Read through that material and check this board and you should have a good handle on if you want a Turbo Buick. You should know that these cars are a bit more expensive than a ford when u wanna upgrade things. Cant just go to the local speed shop and pick up add-ons like you could with that ford.

Dan