You can type here any text you want

Newbie questions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gstewart

I just acquired a 87 t type. Always wanted one. The injectors that are on there are 009's which I just sent off to get followed and cleaned. TT chip that cam with car has #40 written on it. Shouldn't it have #42 on there? I would think it would make a difference. Pretty sure I'll have plenty of questions and I'm using the search as much as possible before asking.

On the underside of the chip, you'll need to unseat it.

Maybe I wrote it wrong in my first post. TT chip I have that came with the is for 40lb injectors. The injectors that are on the car are 42lb. Is the chip suppose to have 42lb written on it or 40lb?

Wouldn't it make a difference in the tune or driveability if the chip was burned for 40lb and my injectors are 42lb?

I would think it would be close enough. Not all 42# injectors are going to flow the same anyway...some would flow more like 40's and some like 44's. Just make sure the tune isn't leaning out on ya.

I talked to Eric last and he told me that with that 40# chip I have that it may run a little rich on top end. I'll be sending it back to him after I do couple mods anyways. Thanks everyone.

Besides the overwhelming blue smoke, not that good but idled fairly decent. Leakdown showed 85% in #4 and 65% in #6. I could hear the air coming from crankcase. Both valve cover gaskets leaked heavily. Passenger side header bolts were only hand tight when I took them off and oil leaked pass the gasket into the header. Turbo shaft has a little play and looks like seals are bad. On both heads the valve stems were on the exhaust valve and none on the intake. I was like wth! Whomever worked on it last skipped a few beats.

Don't know what they were thinking. Supposedly it was a shop in Mississippi or Alabama that did the work. I'm gonna try and bring my shortblock to the machine shop Saturday afternoon and discuss what needs to be done. I have a parts list written down and I'm also talking to a another machine shop that ports heads in Baton Rouge which is 3.5hrs away. It's more expensive than I anticipated but I'm intrigued about the potential of this motor. It's gonna take longer before I get it back together but I'm trying not to rush it.

These machine shops you speak of, these are shops that specialize in GN/TR's, or are they just machine shops you trust from past builds and/or hear good things about?

Back