You can type here any text you want

Newest Findings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOELKY

well, tore down the top end yesterday, but left the heads on . found a tag on top of the manifold that was on the turbocharger. said rebuilt for gm. I figure the problem I had with it not boosting when I bought the car was because of the long bolt holding open the wastegate puck, happened when the turbo was off for a rebuild. the turbine wheel is smooth and no play what so ever! I figure it never has seen boost till I made it work, which is good:D pics soon.:)

OH YEAH. The only thing is driving around an elky with an 87 drive train with a t66 etc. on it, then to a carb'd 81:D I would say there is about a 300 hose power difference. But its all good;)

I found the throttle on the '83 wouldn't open all the way when I bought. On my '82, the secondary air horn was stuck shut. Both were stuck at 6 psi till I fugured them out. Finding boost is cool.

Now I need to get my '83 past 18 psi. ;)

OH YEAH. The only thing is driving around an elky with an 87 drive train with a t66 etc. on it, then to a carb'd 81:D I would say there is about a 300 hose power difference. But its all good;)
LOL, I know what you mean. Even with the stock turbo on the 86 I'm at full boost at 1/2 throttle (20psi) But I love the 83, I'll start working on it again when I get home in acouple of days.

what a nightmare. I have the thing all back together, now there is a serious misfire, feels like a dead cylinder.replaced all the spark plugs, replaced the spark plug wires with 3 pairs I have, re-installed the distributor 3 times, and its still there. the car will start, when its under throttle in park, it smooths out, but at idle, its bad. and when you drop it in gear, it acts crazy. 3 days trying different things, and no luck. maybe something went bad? I left the parts out over night, like the distributor, but its hot here, but does get a little wet in the mornings. but each cylinder does fire off, who knows:o this thing is real close to getting torched:rolleyes:

Not trying to be an @ss, but is your firing order right? 612345:) Let's hope its something stupid like that and not serious like a busted valve spring or worse-.... ... sorry can't say it

that might be it. I thought it was 165432 so where would the number six start?:eek: it does feel like 2 cyl.s are off like that:o

nevermind I think ur right:redface: . Verify your firing order, double check vac lines, make sure everyting is hooked up. report back

i talked to a few buddies, we all think the distributor took a crap. I'm going to just replace everything that has to do with the distributor and see how that goes. cant hurt since its 25 years old. I acted funny for a while now on cold starts, it would mis fire for a few minutes, then clear up. I figure when I pulled it out, and left it in the weather, it got moist and said bye bye.

Back