You can type here any text you want

Nice 540ci gn on craigslist

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow, lots of stuff on that. I've never seen that around, have you?

its nice but o.g owner and o.g miles,i wouldnt dump a big for nuthin block in there.it would be faster if it was the lc2.my opinion tho not fact,but to each is his own. good luck it is a nice car

"No test rides" = There's something wrong with the car that I don't want you to know about until after money has exchanged hands and it's no longer my problem.

To most a test drive is essential before a purchase. I can understand not wanting some idiot kid to test it and wrap it around a pole...make him put down the full amount up front or I believe you can detune the MSD-7 to kick in the rev limiter pretty low. :biggrin:

"No test rides" = There's something wrong with the car that I don't want you to know about until after money has exchanged hands and it's no longer my problem.

To most a test drive is essential before a purchase. I can understand not wanting some idiot kid to test it and wrap it around a pole...make him put down the full amount up front or I believe you can detune the MSD-7 to kick in the rev limiter pretty low. :biggrin:

Very well said.

Too much money in these times anyway!!!!!
Worse thing to do is remove the turbo drive train out of such a nice clean GN.

I know the car very well . It was built because of my big mouth in 88/89 :p . He had a hard time beating my 86 GN on NOS :eek: .. Car is beautiful . I havent seen him for years BUT he was a fanatic as far as the car went. I wouldn't be giving joy rides till I saw some $$$$ .. way to many "dickbeaters" out there with NO $$$$ :eek:

I thought that I spoke with the owner once a few years ago,and he did he did mention you, but havent seen the car around in a long time.

I like it. The car looks very clean, well built & certainly less butchered than some V6 cars i've seen with every widget & trinket hacked into it. Any idea what the car runs?

Spoke with the owner yesterday, against all V6 intuition

The BBC is a nice engine. Problem for me it has a 14.5 compression ratio and the cam has a .725 lift. This is no street riding car. The valve springs would need changing every two weekends. He said it got 4 miles to the gallon, and can only run C116 fuel. WOW!! Not my idea of a Saturday night cruise in.

However, the chassis setup is awesome. Tubular control arms front and rear, tops and bottom, QA1 coils on the front and double adjustable on the rear. The 9inch rear is a FAB unit Big bearing with 389 gears, Linko Locker. The car could use a frame notch. The paint is original paint. The interior is clean and not worn. Talked with Dave Hartman and he said for about 3k you could bring the comp ration down to 10.1 and tame the cam. Then make up the power w/ NOS.

Tell you what got me thinking.

I am a street car guy through and through.

P.S. on motor car went 9.62 at 142

Thanks for the info!! That would make a killer street car at 10.1 comp & the bottle on. ;)

looks like a very good deal. Nice setup too .

The BBC is a nice engine. Problem for me it has a 14.5 compression ratio and the cam has a .725 lift. This is no street riding car. The valve springs would need changing every two weekends. He said it got 4 miles to the gallon, and can only run C116 fuel. WOW!! Not my idea of a Saturday night cruise in.

my v6 GN runs almost that much lift and i drive it to work sometimes. I have no problems with valve springs. I know another guy who has a bbc with A cam in the .800+ lift range driving it 60 miles on the highway oneway with no problems. agressive cams eat springs.

Back