Nitto 275 50 15's fit!

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Thought I'd post this for future searches! LOL

I just put on a pair of Nitto 555 drag radials, 275/50/15's. they seem to hook great, (haven't really pounded on them yet) and the best part, they DO NOT rub. Stock wheels, rear suspension consists of boxed LCA's, and dual airbags around 15lbs right not. (Have NOT tried the tires with lower than normal air pressure though)

I previously had BF goodrich radial ta's, 275/60/15, and they rubbed like mad.

thought I'd share!

I just put mine on a Road Warrior 10' rim
1" from the frame and with the big sway bar and air bags
Not even close to the wheel well
Seem to stick well in 85 degree weather 22psi

good to know! My BFG's are sitting in storage because I couldn't drive them around town comfortably!!! They are just for "special occasions" now.

Got any pictures of how it looks? I'm in the market for a set and was going to go with 255/60's but if the 275's fit well and don't have any issues I'm probably gonna go for them!

I have a friend with M/T 275/50/15 on stock GN wheels, no susp work, and they dont rub at all, im getting a set next time i need tires.

Got any pictures of how it looks? I'm in the market for a set and was going to go with 255/60's but if the 275's fit well and don't have any issues I'm probably gonna go for them!
The 275's look great and really fill the wheel well out. They are pushing it as far as width on a stock rim but lots of people including myself have done it. My 1st car had sagging rear springs and would rub slightly going around corners. When it's time to get tires for my car I'm going with the 275's no question. You'll probably see it around danbury soon :biggrin:

Here's the Nitto 275/50R15 on the 10"

Attachments

• Nitto 1.jpg
    Nitto 1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 552
  • Nitto 2.jpg
    Nitto 2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 578
Summit says 6.5" back spacing could be wrong through
These rims are 8-10 yrs old but sure cleaned up nice with Mothers
Yes Air bags, new springs, big Sway bar from full throttle and UMI's

Attachments

• Nitto 3.jpg
    Nitto 3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Nitto 4.jpg
    Nitto 4.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 414
so without air bags jacking the rear of the body up they are goin to rub :confused: still looks like they hang out to the edge pretty good .. def not 6.5 backspace.. would need more than a frame notch with that .. most have 5.5 with a notch so they are prob 4.5/5...
Def need a "sticky" for all the rear tire combos along with good PIC's .. so people can decide what "look" they want :cool:

Back spacing is either 3.375" or 4.00"
They are just within the fender so your right they could rub without airbags etc.

I ran 295/50R15's on my stock T wheels. Only minor rub with hard corners. Futura Brand- Made by Cooper.

Are the nitto's short? I'm running (not running yet) MT 275-50 on 10's w/5 inch backspace. You didn't menteion if you were notched, I am and thats the only way to get a 5 inch backspace but I have a 1980. Maybe the frame is different on the GN's

Nittos are slightly narrower and shorter than everyone else's tire.

275/50's are too short for a stock long block in the 1/4, so if you are planning on running them at the track, even with the stock turbo, they will cost mph and ET because you will run out of RPM on top.

275/60's are a better choice if you plan on using them at the track.

On the street, no problem.