Nitto DRs - Break-in/Heat Cycle

Scottie-GNZ

Is there some break-in or heat cycle process you should use with brand new Nitto DRs to get the optimum grip out of them?
I ran the car last night with a brand new set of 275/45-17s and was a little disappointed. Car ran strong so I know the power was there but the 60' was off by about .2 of what I normally do. I only got 2 passes in so I ought to be patient but if there is some process, I want to follow it.

TIA,

Nitto break in

Scottie,
I'm glad you asked that AND I have an answer for you. This information is taken directly off the NITTO web site. I'd rather quote them directly instead of putting it into my own words only because they have an exact, no frills way of putting it. This is under Tire Tech FAQ, HTH and give me a call if you have any other questions:

"To get the most out of your drag radials, we recommend doing a mild burnout to properly heat the tires. The most important thing to remember is that the optimum operating temperature for the drag radial is 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

The optimum inflation pressure varies per application. We recommend starting at 20 psi and then tuning it from there. Be sure to never drop below 15 psi, or exceed the maximum inflation pressure.

The NT555R does not have a break-in procedure, and does not need to be heat cycled. You can put them on and go straight to the track!"

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
(315)298-1000
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
We MEET or BEAT any tire/wheel price!
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->M/T, Hoosier & Phoenix slick dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS/NX nitrous systems authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer