You can type here any text you want

no back-up lamps and I can start the car in ANY gear.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
So I'm finally getting the car back on the road, but I have a few issues. First, I have no back up lamps...there is a black wire that goes to a small switch on the B&M Pro Stick, but it appears as though there are two switches that were mounted on the shifter. I have verified that bulbs are good and all of the other tail lights, turn signals, etc work properly.

Second, I can start the car in ANY gear and it makes no difference if the brake is depressed or not. I found a brown/orange wire coming out of the ECM that is cut and has another wire spliced into it, but I don't know if that is part of this issue or not.

If you need some pictures, I will try to get them posted. What typical things could cause these problems?

Is the linkage hooked up between the trans shift lever and the steering column? Your neutral safety switch and backup light switch is mounted on the steering column.

When i bought my car sometime ago it came with a B&M quicksilver shifter. The P/n switch was bypassed and gone Backup lights worked and car started in every gear. This is very dangerous. There are 2 choices (1) you can go the B&M route and use their
switch or (2) If you have Tran+ and Extreme chip with antitheft you need factory P/n switch. If your column rod is in place all you need is the bracket from B&M welded to your trans bracket and your set.
I will email you some pic. If your wires are cut do the search the info is there.
Btw i went with #2

that the neutrul safety switch on the shifter make sure its aligned wth the shift plate on the shifter and all the wires are connected

Is the linkage hooked up between the trans shift lever and the steering column? Your neutral safety switch and backup light switch is mounted on the steering column.

Ding ding ding......winner!

Back