You can type here any text you want

No headlights or interior lights, power locks, radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I got a weird problem...I'm trying to test my Translator Pro that I just installed and also test a new cd player I just put in...I have everything hooked up that means anything and I don't have the following:

headlights, interior lights, radio, and dash lights on GNX dash don't work but the gauges themselves work

but for some reason I have power windows, the Translator Pro works, and the engine light and brake lights work on the GNX dash? weird...

I think I had a problem like this before and it was the starter wires...but I just recently repaired those wires and I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up...

Is there anything else I need to look for or should I take off the starter wires again and check them?

Yeah that's what I am thinking too...damn I thought for sure I did that right...I spliced in some new wiring because the stock wiring got damaged and looks like I didn't do something correct! I'm surprised I have the other features working though....I figured nothing would work if a wire was bad down there. Proves not everything is on the same circuit.

OK I'm not sure if this is the problem but two of the red wires I spliced together and ran one wire from that connector to the starter. There's also a small terminal purple wire which goes on the small terminal and there's one more red wire with a large terminal. Basically there's 3 wires with ring terminals on them (2 red wires spliced together). Should I keep those other two wires seperate and don't combine them? Other than that, I had everything else correct. Not sure why those wires being on seperate terminals would make a difference?

TTT

basically all I need to know is is it ok to splice those two red wires together like I did or do they have to be seperate terminals...I wouldn't think it would matter because they all go to the same place...other than that I can't figure out why I don't have certain accessories because the wiring going to the starter are correct...

OK I just re-spliced the starter wires and still have no lights or radio...3 red wires going to the big terminal and the small purple wire going to the small terminal on the starter...

One thing to note...recently I just cut off the OEM fan relay connectors on the driver side fender wall...I run a standalone dual fan setup with a standalone temp controller...do those connectors complete some sort of circuit??? I wouldn't think they would...I'm lost now as to what else to check for...

OHHH I get it...those wires have inline fuses in them right? I wonder if one of them popped. I didn't know those black cylinder looking things were actual fuses. What amp fuse are those and is there a specific kind I need? Should I relocate them to the top of the engine compartment?

not sure if those r fusses u might want to ohm the wires head to tail and check for breakage

The wires are definitely not broken. I just pulled the harness up over the motor and the wires look brand new BEFORE the fuses. I spliced in my own connectors on the other end. It doesn't look that any of the fuses are blown though? Very weird.

Has anyone wired this harness directly to the battery instead of bolting them on the starter??? What's all involved with that? That seems like a better idea.

the wires could be burnt inside check and see if they are real soft. mine didnt look broke but i cut it and went to napa and got a 14 gauge fuseable link and installed it and it worked fine. i did this after putting in cd player touched the yellow wire to ground

Hi,
Regarding fusible links, DON'T run some large gauge link down there. The links can handle lots of amperage, and are rated by crosssectional area.An 18 or 20 GA fusible link will hold up sometimes while your load circuit and/or car goes up in smoke!
Another possible point of trouble is the C100 bulkhead connector, about 30 terminals, on the extreme driver's side firewall by the powermaster, down low. It bolts together, two halves,on the engine side. Lots of bad connections originate there.
If you don't have a good wiring diagram, get one.Factory manuals can save a lot of hassle! Sorry, don't know your level, don't want to hurt your feelings, but learn how to read the diagram. A factory manual spends a lot of time teaching just that, but most of us skip those pages...
Good luck!

Fusible link A runs the headlights, fusible link B runs the factory radio fuse.

Sounds like you have multiple wiring problems with the links.

Fans are on a dual wire link E.

Link A is a double wire link, one feeds the blower up near the power antenna, the other feeds connector C100 near the fuse box.

thanks guys...I'll check out the C100 terminal box...I did see that. Doesn't look bad because my engine compartment is fairly clean (usually never drive in rain and no winters).

Is it ok to wire the fusible links directly to the positive battery terminal? What about the small purple wire terminal?

Back