no lock up or cruise control

Yes, There is a linkige that goes to the column. Sounds like yours is missing.

You can turn column by hand to check the switch. Grab it close to the dash and turn it.

i did that i think im going to have to find a gn to look at to see what im missing i bought the raced out and im putting back to original with all the power i dont know what else to do this linkage goes from that switch through the floor to the tranny?

The linkige comes up under the hood not in the car. It comes from the trans up to the steering column by the firewall. You will see a little arm with a bushing to accept the linkige.

I'll try to get you some pics of the set up.

That may be the cause for both your problems. If the ECM does not see that your in drive, it probley won't lock the converter or give you crui

took a look under the hood and now i see how it works. the arm from the tranny to the colum is not there. the weird thing is is that the tcc was working before when i first bought the car but since i removed the b&m mega shifter and rjc gnx style gauges and put it back to original ive had all these problems. i have an n/a 84 colum shift regal dont know if i can use those parts or not. looks like the bracket on the tranny is not orginal either

linkage off trans

Picture.

Attachments

• linkage.JPG
    linkage.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 114
hey thanks allot for going out of your way for the pics much appreicated i have to hunt down a linkage and see if that solves it thank you

Whats this VSS buffer..the green box thing, and where is it? If its not working right you wont get lockup?