You can type here any text you want

No one wants to race me...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darth Fiero

3800 Series II Turbo
Well, I have finally gone and done it, made a slow car fast and now it is next to impossible to get a decent race. The problem with doing up a Fiero is that I guess most people look at it and think: at the very most it is a 2.8L V6 and it isn't worth my time. What a bummer. So far I have only got a chance to race a modded GTP and some rice but they were no match. Perhaps some day I will pull up next to a C5 or SS Camaro and they will not think they are too good for me. Until then, I will laugh on the inside. :cool:

Yah, I guess that's the problem..

I suppose that's the problems that come with having too much of a sleeper. I'm sure if ya tried hard enough and taunted some, you might get a few fish to bite. Then again, they may just think your a ricer kid that is being stupid and not worth the time. Nice car, by the way. When I was living 45 mins from work, I was thinking about getting a Fiero for a daily driver and dropping a 3.8 in it. Not turbo.. just something for fun, not heavy and get good mileage... had to be rear wheel drive.

Actually, I saw a Fiero GT here the other day in a parking lot. Pretty surprised.

You need to get something to get them going.A bumper sticker or sign or center rear light cover that says something like, too fast 4 you, turbo, corvette's are slow.Something that gets them going.Then you wouldn't have any problem finding a good race.

Well, I do have a 3800 V6 sticker on the back of the trunk lid and some turbo T emblems on the front fenders but in this day and age perhaps people don't understand what they mean, or understand all too well.

Your plans for building one with a standard 3800 for a good daily driver are about right on. With the naturally asperated series II 3800, I was pulling down 33 MPG easy and had pleanty of power to merge with traffic.

Don't tempt me

I really wish I had done that. I know there are those for and against the Fiero, but I tend to like them. Just out of question, is your car stick or automatic?? I would love to have stick, n/a 3800.

Granted, that would be a bit down the road now, but it's still in the thoughts.

my fiero has a 4-speed automatic overdrive (4T60-E) with 3.33 final drive. 5-speed N/A 3800 would actually be really fun I think but I don't think I would want to chance putting real power from a blown or turbocharged engine in front of the getrag (get-a-rag) transaxle. I have seen far too many crack cases behind 2.8 V6's.

Agreed, that's why I said only the 3800II. I have heard of a guy at e-town that has a pearl white Fiero with the GN engine and stick shift.. he wouldn't say how fast it went, but said clutches are a problem. I'll bet.

Good luck in finding a kill.

whew! i seen the thread i was hopoing you were in MD. Ive seen this fiero down here that is that fastest little biotch. I was driving my jeep and seen /heard this thing at and adjacent light sittin next to an Acura or sumthin. This Fiero sounded like a true muscle car and he left that acura sittin still. all i could do was stare in awe as it thundered past me id bet it runs low 12 EASY this thing had MONEY poured into it. had to have been a 350,at least, no tire spin, just GONE!!! I was speechless!!!

V8's are okay in a Fiero, but I have worked on a few and one thing that stands out in my mind the lack of room for decent exhaust and induction. I'm sure if someone spent a lot on custom headers and induction, as well as the usual mods that are needed on the engine itself, it would run some impressive numbers. I think I am doing pretty good for the very small amount I have in my car in comparison.

Hammer,

I did take a ride down to southern Maryland one time and saw a Fiero (purple if I remember right). That had a 3800 in it, but the exhaust sure made it sound like something else. I guess there are a few of them running around there. I used to live in Eldersburg. Needed a car to drive to Howard County every day.

Back