No Power Assist on Steering

Just a follow up to this with respect to my dealings with the company who supplied my faulty pump (actually 2 pumps) -

1. They are still not convinced the application is CCW. This is after I pointed them to this thread, and also encouraged them to perform a simple Google search for "grand national belt routing" and simply look at images. From any image, it's clear the belt drives the PS pump from the outside of the belt, which means it's rotating in the opposite direction relative to the crankshaft. They claim they need a core to verify. Sheesh.
2. They will refund my purchase price if returned to my place of purchase, but are not interested in helping out with the cost of return shipping, since it was purchased from a third party (Rockauto). Not to mention the aggravation of installing/removing pumps on my car, multiple times, that were not going to work, ever, on an '86-'87 Grand National.
3. The pumps (p/n 2309) are still available on the Rockauto site, which means they are not serious about making it right with other potential customers. They WILL have the same issue with anyone else who buys for this application.

At this point I'm almost feeling sorry for them, in that their management's stubborness could lead to issues with the company, and their employees would ultimately suffer for poor decisions of management. I don't know what else to do, other than return the pump, get my $41.79 back (minus shipping of course), and buy from Kirban or Highwaystars. They just don't seem to want to be helped.

Just a follow up to this with respect to my dealings with the company who supplied my faulty pump (actually 2 pumps) -

1. They are still not convinced the application is CCW. This is after I pointed them to this thread, and also encouraged them to perform a simple Google search for "grand national belt routing" and simply look at images. From any image, it's clear the belt drives the PS pump from the outside of the belt, which means it's rotating in the opposite direction relative to the crankshaft. They claim they need a core to verify. Sheesh.

That is lunacy. Although there was another company that stated that all g-body P/S pumps were the same. They did accept that fact that once pointed out, that that claim wasn't true.

I don't know what else to do, other than return the pump, get my $41.79 back (minus shipping of course), and buy from Kirban or Highwaystars. They just don't seem to want to be helped.

To me, not telling you what to do, but since the pump now works, stick with it and enjoy the car?

RemoveBeforeFlight

The direction of the pump ring affects whether it is a CW or CCW pump. Install it wrong and the pump won't pump. Here is the FSM directions on the pump ring, which is actually easy to check. Along with the factory bleeding procedure.

View attachment 328253

View attachment 328254

RemoveBeforeFlight

Quoted to re-post the images...

PS_PumpRing.jpg

PS_Bleed.jpg

PS_Pump.jpg

RemoveBeforeFlight