No power at fuel pump

turbopat

I drove my Buick to work a few days ago in great weather. It drove great obviously but wouldn’t start after work. I have an electronic fuel pressure gauge and saw it wasn’t getting pressure... I checked fuse and checked relay with another one... neither were the issue. It had a stealth 340 pump so I put a Walbro 450 along with a new Racetronix sender. Still no peers to the pump... Hotwire is clicking though... I checked the jumper under the hood and there was voltage to it while cranking but I could not run 12v to it and get the pump to run???? What in the world? Injectors are getting voltage.. I will say that there has been something ground related obviously wrong because the gas gauge only sometimes works and even now with the new sender it is pegged all the way to the right... it also bounces when I use the left turn signal? Any ideas? The car is running xfi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try jumping the wire by the alternator to see if the fuel pump will engage? I would start by jumping that and listen for fuel flowing thru the rail. If you don’t here fuel in the rail then I would go back to the harness by rear bumpier and see if you have voltage back there while it’s jumped out. And make sure the grounds are connected in the back by the relay. I have had the power wire come off of the pump in the tank from wrestling the pump and sender thru that little hole in the tank. Id start with the easy stuff like looking at the grounds back by the tank since you have the fuel gauge issue to.
HTH

What does the hanger look like? Did you upgrade or reuse the stock hanger. Those little pins at the bulkhead on a stock hanger get corroded and don't want to transfer the power.

If memory serves me correctly there is a relay on the passenger side inner fender behind the coolant tank. I had a similar issue and ended up adding another ground to the body at that location and at the plug by the tank.

I had that issue. It ended up being the connector from the Hotwire kit to the fuel pump. I tightened up the female pins, plugged it back in and was on my way. 10 minute fix. I can’t reiterate enough how important it is to check the connectors. Over 90% of the problems I’ve had over 31years were connector pins loosening or corroding. 5% were grounds and 5% everything else.

This after having it towed 180 miles back to the house!

Thanks for all of the help! Ill check in when I’ve checked these

I had that issue. It ended up being the connector from the Hotwire kit to the fuel pump. I tightened up the female pins, plugged it back in and was on my way. 10 minute fix. I can’t reiterate enough how important it is to check the connectors. Over 90% of the problems I’ve had over 31years were connector pins loosening or corroding. 5% were grounds and 5% everything else.

This after having it towed 180 miles back to the house!

Thanks! I appreciate the pointers! By chance does 737 mean boeing?

It does although I’ve been flying a Falcon 900ExEasy for the past 11 years and not the Boeing. Also flew 757 & 767 in the past.

Cool. We had a VIP tour 4 days after the wing destruction test on the 787. That is one impressive airplane.

How’s the SLS coming? I know it’s been delayed. It will be impressive to see something bigger than the Saturn V, can’t imagine really.

Do you know any of the astronauts? We got a private tour of the Huston Space Center by Chris Cassidy when we picked him up to give a commencement speech in Raleigh.

Sls is doing well. Definitely delayed but it was anticipated for sure. We have astronauts in here all the time. It’s become not a bid deal lol