You can type here any text you want

no power bad sputtering

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thewoodieb

Woodie
I bought my buick about one month ago and decided to change the plugs. I pulled the old plugs and realized they were way too hot. so i went with cr43ts plugs recommended for my larger turbo (ta-49?). With that plug it ran like crap. why? so just for ****s I tried an r44ts stock rec, and it ran better!? but still not 100%. the original plugs were autolites. tips were solid white. :/ I had small leak in a vacuum line, but it made very little difference when I fixed it. What should I try, maybe a hotter plug. maybe an idle air control valve? let me know.

Possible bad maf sensor, with the car running lightly tap the maf with a screwdriver and see if it stumbles or stalls, if it does the maf is going bad.

How old are the wires? Should be a good quality set. If the MAF sensor checks out ok, you need to check your tune with a scan tool and post your results.IAC will effect your idle, but car would run ok.I just installed a set of those E3 spark plugs and i love em. They dont have to be gapped/set.Solid white means a lean condition, have you verified your fuel pressure?VERY IMPORTANT

Nothing wrong with autolite plugs.23 or 24's gapped around 32 for boost. Sounds like you might have a fuel issue.New fuel filter and turn the pressure up a couple lbs should help.If you're using a high alcohol % gas such as e85 or lesser blend you'll need to add extra volume.High alcohol content gas will give a odd grayish color to the plugs.good luck

Back