You can type here any text you want

No power, rough idle, stalling ect. HELP!! Please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodiesel6_6

Ok guys, i did some scan logging today and im hoping that someone will see something in the scan that i dont. I did notice that the knock was at 3 counts. Now before i started logging it and the car started warming up, i had a knock count of 21, so for some reason by the time i got the scanner hooked up, it went down to 3. So far this has been what has been done to it before i got the car, and obviously someone else tried to fix this same issue with no luck lol... theres new injectors and they are stock, it has the stock chip in it, and stock turbo. I did notice that the turbo is not spooling up either. I took the intake hose of and the wheel is very free, with no play up and down or side to side, all the hoses seem to be good, so i put a vacuum pump on the diaphram hose to the actuator on the turbo, and pumped it it to 13.5 psi and no arm movement. I proceeded to pump to 25 psi and still no arm movement, the only way i can get the arm to move is if i pull it towards the pass. fender. Im not for sure if this is part of the reason for my rough idle or not. Here is the scan data for some of you to look at... any ideas are greatly appreciated.... thank you in advance, and its an awesome site!!!!

Attachments

first of all you need to get rid of that stock chip and get a TurboTweak Home chip. as far as your log i see that you have knock which sounds like something is hitting the motor at idle or you have a bad knock sensor. also your cross counts should cycle alot faster than that. should be 0 to 255 in under 40 seconds. also you tps should be .42 to .44 at idle at .5 it will add fuel. you iac should be 20 in park at idle. as far as the wastegate it should build boost with a bad diaphram because the pressure opens the wastegate to regulate boost. yours should over boost if its bad.also do you have the tube from the valvecover to the turbo. what mods have you done.

Well i just got the car a few weeks ago... there are no other mods that i know of, besides a cai. I will reset the tps. I also will check into the knock sensor, is there a certain ohm reading or something it should have so i can test it? Im very new to the turbo v6, i have alot of experiance with small blocks and big blocks.... and a master tech in diesel. Im hoping that maybe i can find someone that lives close to me that can give me some pointers..... I will also do a search on the iac.... on how you adjust it or even if you can.... i do know that it is new...thank you for your help.....

first of all before you wot is take that tube off your car and get the bypass breather kit. all you doing is sucking the oil from the motor into the turbo and filling up your intercooler with oil and you throttle body is sucking it in the motor killing your performance. trust me i just did a 24,000 mile gn that the intercooler was filled 2 inches on the bottom. i would get the kit and take off your intercooler and flush it out with gas. fill it up 1/4 way and swi**** around and driain till clean then wash out with water and dry out and install and you intercooler will run way cooler.also your cat is killing you if you have it. my dads 24,000 car came to life when we took it off. it even has the stock exhaust. also i would invest in a fuel pump and hotwire kit. also check all vacuum lines for cracks and ziptie all lines. you can call me at 724 630 4107 if your tired off typing. i know i hate it. how far are you from quaker city raceway?

Im about 2 1/2 hrs from you... i live in the Columbus area. I just got a new scan download, and i will try and upload it in a little while and post it to u, since i adjusted the tps. Good idea with the intercooler, i will do that and the bypass. I did notice a slight tapping sound comming from the front of the motor, this last time i scanned it my knock was at about 61. thats bad..... i can replace the knock sensor, but now i think i have something internal. Im restoring the car so one thing at a time, i was just trying to get it running right before the winter, but it looks like thats not gonna happen... the car has 100,692 on it. I also pulled the ecm and it has a delco chip in it, so i need to invest in a turbo tweak chip for sure, thats on the list.... when you see the new scan upload you will see how bad its ideling..... it sucks..lol... thank you for your help man....

here is the new scan... the weird thing is the tps voltage shows .43 with the ingnition on and not running but when its running it goes up to .45.... i adjusted it again with it running back to .42 and a few mins later its back to .45 lol, but here it is...look at the idle... WOW!!!

Attachments

Im about 2 1/2 hrs from you... i live in the Columbus area. I just got a new scan download, and i will try and upload it in a little while and post it to u, since i adjusted the tps. Good idea with the intercooler, i will do that and the bypass. I did notice a slight tapping sound comming from the front of the motor, this last time i scanned it my knock was at about 61. thats bad..... i can replace the knock sensor, but now i think i have something internal. Im restoring the car so one thing at a time, i was just trying to get it running right before the winter, but it looks like thats not gonna happen... the car has 100,692 on it. I also pulled the ecm and it has a delco chip in it, so i need to invest in a turbo tweak chip for sure, thats on the list.... when you see the new scan upload you will see how bad its ideling..... it sucks..lol... thank you for your help man....

the car has to be fully warmed up when u do a scan. the first one was and the second one was still cold as for knock that is not what that is you have to look at knock retard. the tapping at the front of the motor is probably the cam sensor. put a long screwdriver on it and see or feel if thats where the tapping is coming from. as for the tps yes it will jump when started because of the air moving the throttle body. i think the knock sensor is working. to check it scan it and while recording tap on the block with a wrench near the sensor. maybe the coil module bracket and see if the knock retard shows a number. and report back soon

ok, got the car to operating temp. and tapped on the back of the block with a long extension and no knock retard. I also listened for the sound comming from the cam sensor and its not comming from there, used the screwdriver to listen there also..... maybe the idler pulley right there, but it sure sounds internal at this point... the tps is staying at .42 now warm....the cars idle kinda goes up and down... but just idles really rough like it has a lopey camshaft in it... vacuum lines all seem to be good also.

ok, got the car to operating temp. and tapped on the back of the block with a long extension and no knock retard. I also listened for the sound comming from the cam sensor and its not comming from there, used the screwdriver to listen there also..... maybe the idler pulley right there, but it sure sounds internal at this point... the tps is staying at .42 now warm....the cars idle kinda goes up and down... but just idles really rough like it has a lopey camshaft in it... vacuum lines all seem to be good also.
not sure why u r not getting ant knock. it maybe the idler pulley. and the other thing is may be the cam on nummber 3 exhaust could be going bad. what oil was ran in there? u need a oil that has zinc preferably rottela t and a bottle of stp oil treatment.

Im not sure of the oil that they put in it, but im gonna service it real soon.... i may put a quart of lucas in it....so maybe check the cam sensor and see what voltage its at? Looks fun getting to the hold down nut..lol

Im not sure of the oil that they put in it, but im gonna service it real soon.... i may put a quart of lucas in it....so maybe check the cam sensor and see what voltage its at? Looks fun getting to the hold down nut..lol
no i meant the camshaft lobes

This kind of sound like the problems of this thread:
Did a bunch of mods, now running hot and sputtering...
Check it out.

wow i checked out that thread and that kinda sounds like my problem to... im running warm.... so it wasnt his cam sensor, but the crank sensor...interesting!!! Is there a way to test these parts with an ohm meter? I have had a backfire through my exhaust a few times also... just to add to the mess.

Is your ECM throwing any error codes.

It also may be a MAF sensor. Looking at the service manual the MAF seems to be a common problem for your symtoms. Also the MAF is a commom problem with these cars. Don't bother with a reconditioned one, they never work. Go to an LS1 MAF with a translator.

Ok i will check out my maf..... no codes at all.... i unplugged my maf, and the idle didnt change one bit.... when its warmed up, and you shut the car of, and try to restart it, it wont start right back up, last time i tried this, it backfired through the exhaust :confused:

Back