You can type here any text you want

No spark

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CHANCE

No longer a Buick guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, so the car was Just sitting there idling when all of a sudden it started popping, well i turned it off to see what was going on now it won't start back up and I don't have spark. Any ideas?

Check to see if crank sensor is loose and in the correct position.

Next I'd check cam sensor.

Also had a similar situation after driving the car would warm up and then die out and no spark. Replaced the ignition module and coil pack and car ran great after that.

Also had a similar situation after driving the car would warm up and then die out and no spark. Replaced the ignition module and coil pack and car ran great after that.
But it would start back up once it was cool right?

But it would start back up once it was cool right?
Yes would park for a hour or so and goodto go again until the module or coil pack heated up. Not sure which of the 2 was causing the problem so swapped them both out and all good now..

That's why it's not a coil pack or module because yours started right up mine won't.

OK so won't come on at all or how long does it take before it comes back on? If not coming back on at all maybe the coil packed or module burned out you can remove it and have autozone test it for free just another idea?

It won't start at all, it's not the coil pack or module I've tested them already.

Wish I could help out some more but that was my issue. Just sounds so close to what I delt with. On occasion I did have a loud pop/backfire but at the end as I mentioned for me it was a module and coil pack. Keep us posted when you find the problem.

Did you check the crank sensor? I had a no start once due to it being loose

As soon as it calms down around here I'll check the crank sensor.

Back