You can type here any text you want

No spark!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jrbexhaust

Hi. I'm pretty new to the TTA. I bought one about 1.5 months ago. About 2 weeks after I bought it the engine started to smoke.
It needed a rebuild as the pistons were toasted. I removed the engine myself, had it rebuilt and reinstalled it. Now it won't start. I've got fuel pressure but no spark. My grounds are nice and clean. The coil pack connector is attached also. I have an idea about what it could be. There is a flat brown connector coming out of the harness at the rear of the engine. Its unplugged and I can't find anything that it connects too. Is a 4 wire connector. The colors are these: pink, light green, pink, dark blue. If someone could tell me where this is supposed to connect to I'd appreciate it. I'm not sure if that will cure my problem, but its gotta do something.

If anyone has advice and ideas please tell me what they are.

Thanks,

Tried that. Thanks.

I've done a little more testing. The bronw flat plug has power when the key is turned on, no power when the key is off.

The injector harness has power with the key on. The coil pack connector does not.

Hopefully this will spark (pun intended) someone's brain.

Thanks again.

The 4 wire connector you are refering to should plug into the back of the EGR solenoid mounted between the intake and valve cover above the #5 cylinder. No idea why that would cause no spark though.

I just found that out. I don't think that would cause no spark either. But, my car doesn't have an EGR valve any more. I talked to John Pearcy and he told me that I should at least have the solenoid connected to avoid a rich condition.

I just ordered a service manual for the car. Can someone verify the part # for the manual. Helm told me its # S8910F.

Thanks,

Cam sensor starts the spark and the crank sensor keeps spark running. So, check your cam sensor settings or wires.HTH

Bo

Does your check engine lite when you turn the key on?

Bo is on the money with the cam sensor.

What was wrong with the stock pistons..still have them??

And are you getting FP when your cranking the motor.

no spark

Is it common for the cam sensor to go bad from just sitting around and not being used?

I'll check to see if the light is on.
I do have fuel pressure.
Thanks.

Back