No third gear switch inside trans

JFH

When I first tried Turbo-Link it showed third gear on. Finally got around to droping pan and I see only three wires inside. Two to the TC sol and another to the fourth gear switch. Question is what valve body do I have and is this a problem without 3 switch?
Trans shifts fine. Valve body has yellow paint on it and OM10 in paint on it. First letter not positive it"s a O. The original tag on tail gone now has tag with just 264-2T820G1713 on it. Also by the pan near the spedo cable 3CM127923 stamped. I'm putting in a
Performance trans 9x11 converter in this week will this effect it.

Thanks
John Hordych

Originally posted by JFH
When I first tried Turbo-Link it showed third gear on. Finally got around to droping pan and I see only three wires inside. Two to the TC sol and another to the fourth gear switch. Question is what valve body do I have and is this a problem without 3 switch?
Trans shifts fine. Valve body has yellow paint on it and OM10 in paint on it. First letter not positive it"s a O. The original tag on tail gone now has tag with just 264-2T820G1713 on it. Also by the pan near the spedo cable 3CM127923 stamped. I'm putting in a
Performance trans 9x11 converter in this week will this effect it.

Thanks
John Hordych

264-2T820G1713 this tells you its an 83 og. Olds of some sort in 83. The converter will not effect the way a trans shifts and if this trans is in a gn , you may not be happy with the results. OM code is diesel. Olds diesel. Vb and gov are defintly not what you desire..

Bruce
WE4

Bruce

Thanks for the reply. This trans is in my 87 GN. It was put in by the previous owner. Looks like the trans shop just swapped out
and put in this trans. What are my options? New trans or just replace the valve body and govner. Or just get a new trans?

Thanks again,
John Hordych

Well you got lots of options. But you know what you need , just start to try to locate..

Bruce
WE4