Noise I have never heard

georgewe4

Today I was out with my brothr-in-law and a friend in the ole we4 playing around. It was running great, no problems. I have alky and was boosting to about 21 pounds with no knock. Since it had been a long time since I had done a burn out I decided to stop and build some boost and do a nice burn out. Built about 5 pounds before the tires broke loose and I just let it go. Car shifted into second still turning tires and then it sounded like a bunch of clicking under the hood. It lost power instantly. I would compare it to a fan blade hitting something. I let out really quick and the car ran fine. I got into it again within about 30-45 seconds and it did it again almost instantly. I didn't try it anymore quietly wondering as I drove what just happened. I went back to visit a little more and left about an hour later and drove the car home with no problems. I got into it a few times with no knock or anything again running about 20-21 pounds. I am assuming what I heard was severe detnation, and I am extremely blessed nothing happened. Am I correct? I have had this car a long time and have never heard anything like that!
I am wondering why it would do it one time and not the other, not every time I get into it. I am going to check my boost lines this week and make sure they are ok.
Thoughts???
George

when i had that happen it was a bent pushrod. mine bent into a j shape and required pulling the intake to get it off.

HTH

Sounds like severe detonation. Did you run out of alky?

i had a problem with that...burning tires and building boost...put car in 3, then 2, tires break, then 1, then when i let off it would shut off completely

:confused:

Did not run out of alky. I dont know about any codes. I do have turbo link but it wasnt hooked up at the time. Like I said, it has ran fine ever since and even on the way home, no detnation and 21 pounds of boost. Would there be any way to still see what happened with the turbolink, stored codes and such?