You can type here any text you want

noisy engine....clicking/ticking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jcawley3

I blew my head gaskets last year...finally got around to driving the car last week after replacing them.... great oil pressure, temps are good... however there is a ticking/ clicking sound coming from top of engine.... almost like valves need adjusting but they are self adjusting..right? any idea? what could I look for or check? thanks, John

Is it is coralation with motor's RPM? give it gas, tap goes faster an faster?If it get's louder an louder an more soild over week you might have whiped a lobe on camshaft with headgasket adding water to your oil. I'm hoping you just haven't drove it in while an forgot a GN's noise,these cars a have nortorious valve train noise,good luck

yes it gets faster and no this is not normal tr noise...... oil and water never mixed......it pushed the gasket to the inside of intake and was shut down quickly..... they was no mixing of fluids....??

Check your exhaust manifolds for leaks...

If one is cracked, it will make a loud ticking noise under acceleration and possibly none at idle. Good luck!

I blew my head gaskets last year...finally got around to driving the car last week after replacing them.... great oil pressure, temps are good... however there is a ticking/ clicking sound coming from top of engine.... almost like valves need adjusting but they are self adjusting..right? any idea? what could I look for or check? thanks, John

Pull the valve covers and see if the push rods are still turning. See if some rockers are looser than the rest.If the cams going away you had better check the bottom end bearings too. Save yourself a redo later.

Back