You can type here any text you want

nology

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pajo

When nology plug wires first came out they were a big hit and like everything else now are old news ,like to know if anyone has tried them out and what were the results or issues.

When nology plug wires first came out they were a big hit and like everything else now are old news ,like to know if anyone has tried them out and what were the results or issues.

I was warned years ago be several T/R experts to stay away from them!! The funky grounding system they use can be detrimental to the waste spark system we use.

Just more gimmiky junk. :mad:

When I first dyno'ed my alum engine years ago, we found LOTS of electronic interference, most of it from the plug wires. :confused:

I decided to try the Nology wires to see if this would help eliminate the interference.

The ground wires for them are attached to my exhaust studs, and are not in the way of anything.

There is still some EFI, but not that has been a problem since then.

Same can be said of the Nology wires, never been a problem, and still using them. :biggrin:

I have never known of any turbo Buick using them, so I only have my personal experience for reference.

Wow, I completely forgot about these wires. I used them back in the day on all my MR2 turbos. I did though have an occassional wire go bad on each car but that was early on.
Where can these be bought now?

A friend of mine had a set laying around for his BBC, which he saw no gain with. We were talking about the theory behind them, and it seemed like it made sense on the waste spark system. They installed them on his son's Stage 2 car with Stage 2 heads (which was a pain). We were tracing a no start condition. I thought maybe the wires were killing the coil. So they put the old wires on and destroyed the Nologys. It turned out to be a crank sensor wire.

So anyway. Years ago my Harley dyno guy told me to try Nology wires, which are $100 for 2 for a Harley. They put them on his nephews Evo (which has a waste spark system BTW) and picked up 7hp. I tried them on my Twin Cam which isn't waste spark, and saw no gain.

Back