You can type here any text you want

noob to chips..apologize in advance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

I've never had a car I can put a chip in muchless a GM. So, is there a step-by-step on how to take the cover off the ecm and install a chip. I'm really sorry for a dumb question like this but I feel safer asking first.
I disconnected the orange power wire off the battery.
Then pulled out the passenger side kick panel and removed the ecm from the holder on the back side of the kick panel.
Then I stopped.:D

Next you would remove the two screws on the small access plate/ panel to gain access to chip. Take that off and you'll see the chip. Always best to try and remove the chip from the ECM with sides equal lifting from socket. You can take a pliers end or straight edge on one side of the chip lifting gently while you take you thumb on the other side. That's about it. Don't forget to button everything up and reconnect orange ECM wire at battery once done. I like to store the chips I'm not using in the 35mm film cannisters. If you go a similar route there, be sure and mark on the container and chip which chip it is.

You do know that different chips require different fuel press setting, right? You do have an adjustible FP regulator? And.. if you don't have one, a scan tool is a must to monitor everything with. HTH.

yes, scan tool and adj fpr in my possession!;)

thanks so much. it's just one of those things...that's me, over-analyze the small details of something.

film canister idea is good, thanks!

Back