You can type here any text you want

NOS and High Boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrboVan

135 CI of Pure Power
I am a little slow out of the hole and I want to add a 75 shot at the line.

How will I have to compensate for the NOS?

And if I want to run it all the way down the track, what should I be doing differently?

When I talk about high boost, I mean that I am running 34 psi.

-Bryan

Nitrous requires fuel enrichment and octane. Also requires that your IAT arent sky high..and the motor is running safe before shooting it.

If your motor is on the edge of detonating..you spray it..get the shovel. Most guys run a bit lower boost when spraying becuase the boost will jump when you do so. And assure proper octane, proper tune, proper everything, else you'll hurt it. NOS works.. but isnt forgiving to bad bad tune-ups.

I've been playing with the same idea.. just havent sat down and done it. Actually was going to use methanol for the wet.. but hear conflicting info.

What is IAT?

I ran my car all year pig rich. (recently found out on the wideband dyno)

Right now I am tuned for max HP with boost alone.
I can adjust fuel back to where I was to start. I am real sure it would be safe there. (It was off the chart rich)
EGT's at last dyno run were 1450.

I suppose you would have to spend a day at the dyno and tune slowly, a few pounds at a time.

What to do, what to do.
I would really like to hit 10's with the Stock Long block I am currently running (cast pistons and all)

-Bryan

Back